The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,644 Posts
There was a short line at the Treasurer's Office when they opened this morning. I left there with my lifetime combo renewal, migratory bird, bear license and five DMAP permits,all in hand. I will get two more DMAPs, on coupons handed out by the landowner, and hopefully an antlerless license or two yet.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I logged onto the Outdoor Shop at 7AM, had my email receipts for my license, Archery & muzzleloader stamps, and my daughter's MY license in my inbox at 7:04.
Printed out some doe apps and had my pink envelopes (from my stash) completed, stuffed with apps/checks, addressed, stamped, labeled with post-its for mail dates, and ready to go by 7:15.
Now I sit back and wait for 7/10, 7/31 and 8/14 to drop them in the mailbox.

Doesn't get much easier.
Not worried about a fulfillment delay... we don't need the licenses till September for small game and archery. (not even for range use, private club member, can't stand PGC ranges.)

·
Super Moderator
4,878 Posts
I don’t do the online purchases. I was at the Butler Walmart when they opened at 7 am. No one else in line . Got 2 Dmap tags for 1505. Got numbers 649 and 650 out of about 1400.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Went on line at 00:02 this morning. Renewed my senior lifetime combo and got DMAP coupons No.3 and 4 for my cabin area.

Cousin's husband called mat 08:30 for the DMAP number and by 10:14 he got numbers 90 & 91.....only 122 for the area.

·
Premium Member
23,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Tried to get mine online and got a payment error code. Logged back in and it has a transaction number but clicking on that comes up with an error code
Check your credit card account & see if posted yet. I know when I input cc to buy a DMAP and hit payment it looked like it didn't take(bounced back to payment method) but it did go through even though it looked like an error.

·
Registered
25,472 Posts
Over to Elmer Fudd Ave. around 11 this morning. Half dozen in line. As BobB pointed out, masks and distancing in effect. Guy out front insisted I needed my driver's license. Told him last year's hunting license is in my pocket. He finally gave up. Half hour later, 2020/21 Senior Lifetime Combo in that pocket. 10-15 minute drive for me, no reason to do anything different?

No donuts and coffee in the lobby this year. Didn't even get to grumble 'bout that to staff, was told many of them were up at Haldeman Island for a meeting.:(:D

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Brought 4 sets of licenses, all with archery, bear, DMAP and mine with migratory bird, didn't remember it allowing to piggyback one license after another and processing 1payment.
Printed out archery and the MB and got individual receipts in the names of other applicants.
Even if licenses do not show up by for application date you can print them out and mail.
It took until late September for them to finely get me my license last season, and that was after having to reissue it cause the first one got lost in the mail.

Doesn't matter if you do it by mail or stand in a line as long as you get one, good luck👍

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
I got the Sr. Combo as well. The only thing I have to pay for the rest of my life is
Bear Tag, Doe Tags and extra Spring Gobbler Tag. Can't beat it.
I guess getting old has some benefits. (lol)

·
Premium Member
23,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I got the Sr. Combo as well. The only thing I have to pay for the rest of my life is
Bear Tag, Doe Tags and extra Spring Gobbler Tag. Can't beat it.
I guess getting old has some benefits. (lol)
Yep with "some" being the operative word!! lol Got my Lifetime Senior(Combo) for 5th year and still going strong I think!!:)

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
When I went to the local gun shop and brought my licenses pre on-line they would ask to see my drivers license and a previous tag, even thou they knew me, to make sure your address was still the same but once they went to CID numbers they stopped asking for ID. Now that I apply on line you just enter your choice of CID, drivers license number or SS# and all your information pops up.
Applying for 4 sets of licenses took me a total of 3 minutes to complete.
If there is a mail snafu this year I will go back to purchasing at the gun shop.

21 - 40 of 102 Posts