The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

181 - 200 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
25,487 Posts
Potter Co. treasurer back when he lost the ability to issue doe tags, got busted for holding tags and only issuing them to PC residents and others with "connections". He had plenty of tags left, when they relieved him of his ability to handle them, requiring you to apply directly to PGC for a Potter tag, while he was still in office. Forget the time frame, but one of my Potter kin joked that he could always get a doe tag back then.

McCaigue, or something like that? Probably not the only county treasurer that pulled stunts like that, just the one that got caught at it?

Reactions: Loggy

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Finally got my license. Took 3 weeks and 3 days to arrive. Plus a phone call to have an apparent "Second set" sent out. I wonder who has my first set?
Funny... I just got a 2nd set in today's mail. Now to decide if I toss it or waste postage to mail it back..... Probably just gonna toss the license in the fire pit (it's identical to the first set, all numbers the same down to the transaction/time/agent and tags). I'll save the digest for a camp copy and the envelopes can go into the stash for next year, since I'm on a 2-year streak of getting delayed license delivery...

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
..a bit off topic..but back in FEB(March 1 is their date) I purchased my OH license online...did not purchase any "extra" tags ....turned printer on...hit print..and 10 seconds later...had my OH hunting license and tags in hand along with version to put on mobile device....along with permission slips to be signed by me and landowners...

·
Registered
496 Posts
..a bit off topic..but back in FEB(March 1 is their date) I purchased my OH license online...did not purchase any "extra" tags ....turned printer on...hit print..and 10 seconds later...had my OH hunting license and tags in hand along with version to put on mobile device....along with permission slips to be signed by me and landowners...
Yep - works the same way for my WV license.

WHATTT ? you mean other states are more efficient than Pennsylvania ?
But ... but .... but .... PA hunters are different .... we couldn't possibly do things the way the other 49 states are doing it. It just won't work here .... We're different whaaa

·
Super Moderator
13,705 Posts
Funny... I just got a 2nd set in today's mail. Now to decide if I toss it or waste postage to mail it back..... Probably just gonna toss the license in the fire pit (it's identical to the first set, all numbers the same down to the transaction/time/agent and tags). I'll save the digest for a camp copy and the envelopes can go into the stash for next year, since I'm on a 2-year streak of getting delayed license delivery...
Actually the law reads that when you purchase or obtain a second license in the same license year your first license becomes invalid.

In the event of a lost and getting a replacement license the second one issued should have an R (designating replacement) in the very small numbers showing when the license was issued. If I remember correctly all second print licenses also have a designation in the code.

The Game Wardens can quickly check to see if you were issued more than one license and tag. If you are found with the wrong one in the field or on a big game animal you will have some explaining to do and upon investigation might end up with some serious legal problems.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Super Moderator
13,705 Posts
What method do they have that prevents people from printing or copying the original so they have multiple tags?

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Actually the law reads that when you purchase or obtain a second license in the same license year your first license becomes invalid.

In the event of a lost and getting a replacement license the second one issued should have an R (designating replacement) in the very small numbers showing when the license was issued. If I remember correctly all second print licenses also have a designation in the code.

The Game Wardens can quickly check to see if you were issued more than one license and tag. If you are found with the wrong one in the field or on a big game animal you will have some explaining to do and upon investigation might end up with some serious legal problems.

Dick Bodenhorn

That's interesting. Heck, I usually don't use the two doe tags that I apply for each year. But now you have me wondering......did I receive the first set they allegedly sent to me? Or did I get the second set?

I'm looking at the license now and it shows the "Issued" date of 6/22/20. Of course....that was the date I bought 'em.....but is that the date they put of the first set that went out...or the second set?

I could see how trouble would ensue here for no fault of my own.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
What method do they have that prevents people from printing or copying the original so they have multiple tags?

Dick Bodenhorn
Good question....
I'm thinking the same method PA has for people not tagging a harvested animal....or transferring same tag to multiple animals....in a season

Reactions: Loggy

·
Premium Member
23,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
That's interesting. Heck, I usually don't use the two doe tags that I apply for each year. But now you have me wondering......did I receive the first set they allegedly sent to me? Or did I get the second set?

I'm looking at the license now and it shows the "Issued" date of 6/22/20. Of course....that was the date I bought 'em.....but is that the date they put of the first set that went out...or the second set?

Good question ST. One would think the 2nd set mailed out would NOT use the original(first set) date of 6/22??

·
Super Moderator
13,705 Posts

You are correct and it also results in some serious law enforcement concerns.

I know last year when mine didn't come in the mail, after three weeks I called the PALS number. They told me they would reissue it. I asked what I should do if I ended up with two. I knew the correct answer to that question but wanted to see if they would provide the correct answer. They gave me the wrong answer and told me to throw the second one away, even though I knew it was the first one that became invalid.

But, neither one ever came so I called the Game Commission,after five weeks, and they reissued my licenses. When they came they all had the R designation showing it was a replacement. Had the others ever arrived I would have been interested in seeing what designation they would have had to show which was the original and which was the second printing.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Super Moderator
13,705 Posts
Good question....
I'm thinking the same method PA has for people not tagging a harvested animal....or transferring same tag to multiple animals....in a season
In Pa. if a person reuses the tag it usually isn't too hard for the Officer to figure out by looking closely at the tag. But, if the person printed multiple tags and just used a new one on each animal how would the officer know the person killed too many?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

Dick Bodenhorn
The two prints are 100% identical in every way. I just took a second loooong look at them. Every number, date, time stamp, etc is 100% the same on both. No “R” or any marks appearing on one and not the other.
but to play it safe, I’ll hang on to the second set and file the first.

·
Super Moderator
13,705 Posts
The two prints are 100% identical in every way. I just took a second loooong look at them. Every number, date, time stamp, etc is 100% the same on both. No “R” or any marks appearing on one and not the other.
but to play it safe, I’ll hang on to the second set and file the first.
That is interesting but not a good thing. They should not be handling it the way they are.

But, this is still the same vendor as last year and since they know their contract is about to expire they don't seem to care if they get it right or not.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
That is interesting but not a good thing. They should not be handling it the way they are.

But, this is still the same vendor as last year and since they know their contract is about to expire they don't seem to care if they get it right or not.

Dick Bodenhorn
Agreed. There’s absolutely nothing to distinguish the reprint from the original.
makes me wonder if it was even logged as a reissue.
The reissued MY tag for my daughter is all new tag numbers, issued date, agent, etc as it came from Harrisburg (Aspira let a batch of MY licenses out without fall turkey tags)
The commission included a letter of explanation and a return envelope for the now void Aspira print. No such documentation came with the reprint of my license.
I hope this was oversight on Aspira’s part and not their standard practice, as there’s no way to prevent someone of questionable morals from keeping and possibly attempting to use, both sets of tags.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
The only "letter" that I see on the license that I received is (L) right before the CID number. I dunno if that means anything.

I will say that since this was my second incredibly bad experience with on-line buying I'll never buy on-line again until they wise up and go 100% on-line and NOT use a third party vendor.

·
Premium Member
23,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
The only "letter" that I see on the license that I received is (L) right before the CID number. I dunno if that means anything.

I will say that since this was my second incredibly bad experience with on-line buying I'll never buy on-line again until they wise up and go 100% on-line and NOT use a third party vendor.
ST.....just checked mine(online purchase) rec'd within one week not a replacement. All mylar strip portions have an (L) right before CID number except my 2 Elk Lottery Applications have an (A) right before CID number.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I guess I need to call pals or game commision. Ordered my licences on June 24 and still no license. 30 days is a long time. Anyone else still waiting?

181 - 200 of 209 Posts