The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Last years on-line license sales caught the COVID-19 virus way before China released it.
I have been using the online portal for the last few years, plus it is 100% sure thing for me getting the DMAPS I want.

·
Registered
8,611 Posts
IIRC, wasn't the contractor in the last year of their agreement and losing the PGC's business to a lower bidder this year? Seemed like they weren't putting the effort necessary when licenses went on sale last year ???

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I'll be doing the online thing again, as usual.. Even if delivery gets delayed again, I'm not worried. I have a stack of pink envelopes and can print the antlerless apps from the PGC website.
Heck, I usually address a few as soon as the updated address list is available and have the apps completed and ready to mail a day after licenses go on sale. Then it's just a waiting game for the rounds to open up. (Especially now that I know which County Treasurer has the fastest turnaround.)

·
Super Moderator
13,645 Posts
After all the phone calls and hassle I went through getting my hunting licenses in hand last year then the system not allowing my wife and I to print our fishing licenses last spring I will probably never use the online purchase process again.

I will be standing at the Country Treasurer's office door when they open Monday morning.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I figure on line license sales ought to be okay .............unless VerticalScope is handling them this year. :p

·
Premium Member
23,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did the The Online Outdoor Shop(online license purchase) to buy my $25 Elk License after being selected in lottery as it couldn't be purchased at at a license dealer. Had it within 5 days however that was likely a low transaction volume period.

·
Premium Member
23,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
they had problems last year and we didnt have any concerns over social distancing. whats it going to be like now ? i will be going in person tomorrow to buy mine.
If going to a Wally be sure to wear your mask plus socially distance at least 6' behind the person in line in front of you! lol

·
Registered
467 Posts
I went on-line early this morning & bought mine and the boys' licenses and DMAP tags that we wanted. I figure there's plenty of time between now and when I need them for them to get here & I'll just print out a form for antlerless tag application and I still have plenty of the stupid pink envelopes left over from last year

·
Registered
14 Posts
Having to send an anterless application to each County Treasurer is very inconvenient and an old school process which the PA Game Commission needs to modernize. You can buy DMAP tags on-line, anterless tags should be available on-line as well.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Game Commission Headquarters in Harrisburg had about 10 applicants in line at 7:45 this morning when the doors opened. Masks and social distancing were in effect of course. I was 4th in line and out the door by 8:30. My string of licenses reminds me of a wall street ticker tape.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts