The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the people on this and other sites admitting to committing crimes. Does the PGC ask for an ISP address from these sites and prosecute the admitted criminals?

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
I must have missed something in the brief time I have been posting here because I don't recall ever reading about someone admitting they had committed a crime. I do kind of remember people writing about errors in judgement that resulted in mistaken kills - but crimes, nope.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
gary3414 said:
With all the people on this and other sites admitting to committing crimes. Does the PGC ask for an ISP address from these sites and prosecute the admitted criminals?
Other than a few admititng to tracking wounded deer after hours with a bow/firearm or confessing to putting down road hit deer, what have the forum users been confessing too? I would think the PGC has better things to do than chase ISP Crimminals

·
Registered
83 Posts
Shot a Man in Reno once just to watch him die . No sorry that was Johnny Cash

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
PipefitterDan said:
Shot a Man in Reno once just to watch him die . No sorry that was Johnny Cash
Yeah.....but he was put in Folsom Prison for that. Now when he hear's that whistle blowin, he hang's his head and cry's.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
gary3414 said:
They would still have to prove that the crime was committed. Just because a guy claims it on the internet doesn't mean it's true. There is a long way between an internet confession and proving the crime was committed.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Dan you out of 420?
I work with Chadwick,Goldner,Fluidics,Quaker,a abit with JJ White in the Pharmaceutical Process Piping Installations.
You with any of them

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sharkbait said:
They would still have to prove that the crime was committed. Just because a guy claims it on the internet doesn't mean it's true. There is a long way between an internet confession and proving the crime was committed.
Correct sir.

It is called the corpus delecti rule... You cannot EVER be punished based on your confession alone. The government MUST prove the crime separately without your confession, and cannot use your confession as part of that proof, but only use it to link you to the crime.

Our forefathers adopted this rule, because in the old days lots of people where prosecuted on confessions alone, and many confessed to be witches, warlocks, thieves, murders, and even poachers, with no other evidence.

Problem was since the government is so trust worthy, politically unpopular people, or regular folks who crossed the wrong LEO found they confessed to lot's of stuff, and went to jail or death based on their "confession".

So the courts said, enough is enough prove a crime before you admit the confession with evidence other than a confession... and the use of torture and false testimony has fallen a bit as a result..

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Kinda like John Mark Carr confessed to killing Jonbenet Ramsey but it has been proven that he didn't do it so he is not in jail despite his confession.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
John Mark Carr got a free plan ride home in 1st class. Ate surf 'n turf for dinner, got his 15 minutes of fame.

After the first 2 minutes on TV most of us knew he was a whack job.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
To the original poster,

yes there have been at least a couple of cases that I know about where someone posted a story and a picture on this board and it resulted in the GC taking the "appropriate" actions.

WV Gino

1 - 12 of 12 Posts