The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of these, it is a single long spring trap with a jump trap in the center of the long spring trap. Jump trap catches them low and the long sprng high. Trap still works but the spread of the long spring is as far as I can accurately measure about 7 1/2 inches. The jump trap makes it impossible to measure across the center. Is it worth much to a collector?

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
I've been at this game going on 60 years.
I have never before seen a critter that looks like that.
I would think collectors would line up on that one.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the pic. That is exactly like mine and about the same condition. Thanks for the price info as well.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Does anyone know when these were in production?
Not off hand, but assuredly before World War II because of the ring pin. Those ring pins vanished after the War on Animal Trap Company products.
It took a lot of steel to produce that trap. Ergo, they were probably costly in their day.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
TrappinJohn said:
This one went for $180 on ebay
If you got that trap for $180 on eBay you made a good buy. The #41 in good condition is worth $200, in excellent condition $300.00. That trap was patented in May of 1932 by Allen McMullen who apparently sold his idea and later his patent to Animal Trap Co of Lititz. The trap was too expensive to produce and few were sold, therefore, were discontinued within a few years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.