The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
My Remington 870 Super Mag. 12 gauge that I do all my shotgun hunting with. It has a 26" barrel and full camo and shoots 2 3/4, 3, or 3 1/2" shells.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
hunter177 said:
My Remington 870 Super Mag. 12 gauge that I do all my shotgun hunting with. It has a 26" barrel and full camo and shoots 2 3/4, 3, or 3 1/2" shells.
That's what i use and like.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
My Benelli SBEII shooting 2 1/4oz of hevi 13 6s or 7s out of an Indian Creek BDS.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
No need anymore for these big bangers!! Take a look at the Moss--510 mini camo for around $300.. in 20 gauge magnum and it fits into your back pocket it just might be perfect for carrying all day and up and down. With the modern hevi-shot 13's in 7 shot at 1 1/4 ounces it will level any turkey out to forty yards without question with manageable recoil and hitting just as hard as anything else.. it's a great little gun that packs a punch and a half.. put a Nikon 1-5 on it and your set for life.. don't be afraid to take a long hard look.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Well it would have to be my 11-87 sps-t in Mo BL green. If this gun could talk about the last 23 years, what it has seen, where it has been and what it has done. It sure would be a story. All three of my kids killed their first long beards with her also.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
My Benelli Super Black Eagle I with 24" barrel and full camo. The gun sits under a Leupold/Gilmore red dot sight. I shoot Win. Supreme 12 ga. 3.5" HV 2 oz. of #6 shot thru a Kick's GT .655 choke. This combo has taken a number of gobblers without fail.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I've been shooting the same Browning Auto 12ga. 3" mag. for 35 years now. Went trough several stocks and forearms before I wised up and bought a synthetic set. Can't tell you how many coats of camo paint it's gottin over the years, but it's alot. I just can't bring myself to carry anything else because it's never let down.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
i have a 870 SM with a 23" barrel and ventilator choke. its all camo and lightweight with synthetic stocks. and if you wanted to change the chokes you can make it into a rabbit gun, waterfowl, slug, etc. it is deadly out to at least 40 yards for turkey too. you can pick one up for under 4 bills too or even cheaper used.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I am not a big gun guy and I do own only one. When I was about 16 I bought a winchester 1300. Its old, it kicks like a mule, and its pretty heavy, but for the 1 shot it takes a year it works. I put some kinda fancy choke on it last year and a red dot on top. I think I only missed once with it cause I couldn't see the front sight. Just can't see any reason to replace it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Either one of my 870 express' wouldn't trade them for anything. I have had other nice semi autos but always liked my 870 the best.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
My dad, brother, and I all have the same gun. They were 3 my dad had built about 20 years ago. Remington 1100's (one is an 11-87) with custom sleeved barrels from Mark Bansner and homemade camo spray job that looks like mossy oak bottomland. I couldn't even tell you how many birds fell to those guns combined but I wouldnt walk into the spring woods with any other.

As for the fall, I'm going to start using a Fox Sterlingworth A grade with 28" barrels and factory sling swivels. It's getting the ribs relayed on it and the chambers extended to 2 3/4".

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Me Too - T/C Encore Realtree, comp-n-choke

·
Premium Member
24,167 Posts
The same gun i've been using the past 18 years hunting spring gobblers and killed many with, my Mossberg 500. Of course i've had this shotgun for the past 36 years.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my Browning 12 ga. BPS 3" Upland Special with 22" barrel and JellyHead choke. I'm sure there are others I might like as well, especially with different stock configurations, but the Browning comes through every year for me.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Any one of the 5 shotguns I happen to be carrying in the woods at whatever time I happen to be out there. That being said, My dedicated turkey destroyer, 835 thumbhole shooting about any load I feed it to 40 plus yards has accounted for close to 60 birds alone. Polished the barrel to a chrome like finish, had the trigger worked, a sims pad on the thumbhole stock, a bushnell trophy red/green dot scope and a .670 truglo choke and a good load of pb 5's or 6's or some HS 6's, 7's or MB's and evry single bird I have ever dropped the hammer on with her had met a quick and sudden demise...except for ONE...last year when I let the old man carry here and he missed a big gobbler clean at 30 yards, though the 4" sapling at 8 yards in front of the muzzle wasn't so lucky.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts