The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After pondering for months I finally decided to go ahead and get it. The Savage Model 14 in a .250 savage. I couldnt be more pleased. What a tack driver and a joy to shoot. Makes my Swede feel like a cannon (lol). HSM 100 grain Hornady Interbonds are what she likes and will be death rays on deer this season.

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my opinion this is by far the best caliber to start a young hunter out with. I will definetily be starting out my son with this rifle.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Forest County said:
After pondering for months I finally decided to go ahead and get it. The Savage Model 14 in a .250 savage. I couldnt be more pleased. What a tack driver and a joy to shoot. Makes my Swede feel like a cannon (lol). HSM 100 grain Hornady Interbonds are what she likes and will be death rays on deer this season.
Have a 6.5 Swede so it must be a lite recoiler for sure!

Thanks for sharing report.

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Loggy I have to say that when I first shot my 6.5 Swede I was shocked at the light recoil and loved the fact at still pushing the 140 gr bullets, but when I shot this .250 Savage I was amazed. Absolutley no recoil at all and this is with a t-shirt on.

·
Banned
751 Posts
i have looked at those rifles for a year now and have not pulled the trigger yet....hmmm you have me thinking now. lenny

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
erin I guarantee you you will not be dissapointed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts