The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Slept in the back of the truck under the tonneau cover. One of those inflatable mattresses, sleeping bag and another blanket. Comfortable.

Hit the convenience store the night before and filled one thermos with coffee, the other with hot water. Good to go in the morning.

Grab a carpet reament, carpet sample or some indoor outdoor carpet to get dressed on off. Also handy for changing out if your traveling and hunting.

Did that a couple of nights last year.

·
Registered
12,136 Posts
Same here, only in the back of my Jeep this past Spring. I tooK; cell phone, carry weapon, 1 gal water, a small folding military stove, instant coffee, note book (the one I always have when I go afield), 2 tin cups, a couple servings of instant oatmeal, TP and a folding chair. Hiked when I got to my spot in a circle so thar I ended back at my ride, slept like a stone (heard coyotes and owls), and in the AM made coffe and oatmeal. Then hiked all day and back to the ride - headed home. It was great. Sorry, I kind of ran on here....

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
Didnt run on , we were just getting interested when the story stopped.. where were you parked,what mountain......

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I sleep in the back of the truck. I have a truck cap and I use a 2" thick foam pad I got from the surplus store with a sleeping bag. Instant oatmeal on the one burner stove for breakfast and leftovers from the fridge from home for super.
I have a Coleman one burner stove that works great, it uses the small propane bottles.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Those Coleman one burner stoves are amazing. Just stay out of the wind.

Egg sandwiches, are real easy. For the coffee lovers.. addicts - a medium pan of water with four Folgers Instant Bags is just right. Cup to drink and fills the thermos.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Hammock, Fly, Flint/Steel, Single Burner Stove, Camp pot(small, stove fits inside), Hydration Blader, Dehyrdated food vacuum packed, tree stand, bow, lighter, flashlight, 2 good sharp knives, cell phone, emergency blanket, quick clot, self vulcanizing tape, gps and compass, multitool

1 - 14 of 14 Posts