The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one particular area that I am trapping is mostly wooded with a few overgrown fields. Waist high or higher. Any tips on location for a few sets and how many is too many for one particular area. This isn't the farm country like I am used to.

·
Registered
749 Posts
run down a big "X" from corner to corner of the fields..all your K9's will follow these paths..ive done this may times with a weed eater or a old push lawn mower..make your "lanes" anywhere from 12 to 24 inches wide....when you do this its a instant magnet to the yotes and fox....

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a few logging roads that break up the wood lot not much experience with setting on these. fields are just so high it is tough to see any real trails.....i guess when the weeds start to die off alittle more it will be easier to set.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
logging roads,if you walk them,so are the critters! set them! dirtholes,posts,flat sets even blind sets work on them!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was figuring the same......i put out 2 dirt holes and 1 flat just off the sides of the trail/road. Just have to get something to walk by.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
make sure to play the wind direction!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts