The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the new cdc estimate of 20,000,000 Americans infected, and 126,000 deaths are correct. COVID is obviously very contagious and deadly for certain groups, it’s no Spanish flu.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Well, keep in mind in 1918 testing for that virus was way behind our abilities to test today today. I'm sure a few cases went undiagnosed in 1918, as well as a few deaths. And I'm equally certain the covid numbers today are just as messed up.

Why people think comparing the two has any significance is beyond me. The 1918 epidemic was bad and so is the present covid pandemic. We do have the ability to get through the covid pandemic in better shape than the 1918 outbreak. I think we have had significant advances in science and medicine since 1918. If this covid thing happened in 1918, chances are good many, if not most, hospitalized during the covid outbreak would have died if rendered 1918 medical treatment.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
If the new cdc estimate of 20,000,000 Americans infected, and 126,000 deaths are correct. COVID is obviously very contagious and deadly for certain groups, it’s no Spanish flu.
That would be a death rate of .0063%.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I could live with that. Pun intended.

·
Registered
16,348 Posts
here in erie county our health dept says we have just under 600 cases, 197 still active. but...they are testing our poop at the sewage plant for covid. according to those tests we should have around 20,000 positive cases.
that means there are approximately 19,500 covid positive people that dont know they have it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I would be very very suspicious of these numbers and even the accuracy of these tests. It seems like every time a sports team or group gets tested, half the people test positive with no symptoms. Assuming the testing and numbers are correct it also means that this virus is far more prevalent and far less deadly than previously thought. It may even be mutating into a much less deadly form.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
. Assuming the testing and numbers are correct it also means that this virus is far more prevalent and far less deadly than previously thought. It may even be mutating into a much less deadly form.
I'd sure like to think that's right. it's about time we caught a break.

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
here in erie county our health dept says we have just under 600 cases, 197 still active. but...they are testing our poop at the sewage plant for covid. according to those tests we should have around 20,000 positive cases.
that means there are approximately 19,500 covid positive people that dont know they have it.
Or it means they don’t know sheet from shinola.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My wife and I had it, thank God my kids didn't get it but we had them tested
My wife had pain, fever low grade less then a week, diarrhea and extreme fatigue, and I had the same but I had extreme pain and fatigue was normal like I would have with a flu...fever was low grade but I had it for over a week.....I'm in law enforcement after 3 weeks I was cleared by my doctor but because of underlying health concerns I have I could get the covid19 again not one documented case that people who had it are now immune, but there are cases of people getting it more then once. So my dept follows state policy and we are not allowed to return to work until further notice, still getting paid and no time taken from us....I'm not bitching !!!!! 15 months till I retire......My friend works in a hospital in Florida and he said people in the last 2 weeks are coming in with symptoms from the virus, there was a lull

1 - 10 of 10 Posts