The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of treads on this topic.. sorry... but I'm looking for a one time /chance for a western Elk hunt.. 100% Bull Draw tag, 300 plus score , 85% or higher success rate. economical pricing,,, I know I'm asking a lot.. Like to avoid applying year after year to get preference points to get drawn.

They make it look easy on TV with bulls just strolling by one by one.
Thanks for your input ..

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
An hour left in my flight to Denver and the next 2 days will be spent scouting public land for this fall. This is the cheapest and most rewarding way I find to hunt. DIY

There are places where you can find everything you mentioned but you will certainly need to clarify what your meaning of "economical".

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
beck_trt said:
An hour left in my flight to Denver and the next 2 days will be spent scouting public land for this fall. This is the cheapest and most rewarding way I find to hunt. DIY

There are places where you can find everything you mentioned but you will certainly need to clarify what your meaning of "economical".
under 6K closer to 5k

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
25ftup congrats! If it's your first time out to Wyoming I recommend leaving a bit early to visit Crazy Horse, Mount Rushmore, and Devil's Tower. Shoot a monster! Good huntin'

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
25ftup said:
I been waiting 5 years for a Wyoming Tag in the Big Horns. We drew this year, and it cost us 6 Grand for the outfitter. Can't wait!
I would highly recommend the Winchester Steak House in Buffalo, WY also. Good luck. What area did you draw?

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
I drew unit 38 for elk. Also applied for a Mulley tag and got that also. Big 28 this will be my 3rd time out to hunt, but first for elk/Mule deer. Last 2 were early season archery whitetail hunts. I'll fill ya in in November during the bear hunt with Scott {Jayden}, the 2 other guys I will be hunting with out there also hunt bear with our crew!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts