The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On-Point's English Pointer "Mojo" has been featured in several paintings by accomplished artist Lou Pasqua. Lou is an exceptional artist of sporting dogs and has had several covers of magazines in the past.

Today I received a 24x36 limited addition print of the painting "Southern Traditions" from Lou along with a signed copy of the Jan/Feb 2013 addition of the Pointing Dog Journal. The painting was selected as the cover for the upcoming addition of the magazine. The painting shows two pointers but "Moe" is actually used twice in different positions.

The print has also been used in the advertisement for the covey rise system.

I am guessing that since "Moe" is somewhat of a celebrity, he will be wanting better working conditions other than the snow and cold we were working in today.

Here is a copy of Lou's painting. You can look at all of his work by searching Lou Pasqua.

Here is Moe in real life.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Very nice, Lou Pasqua is very talented. MoJo has alot of style on point, you have done a nice job with him.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moe is extremely talented and has been easy to work with. Lots of bird exposures and letting him do what he naturally does has kept him intense and stylish. I don't like to mess with styling in the field. Just some basic drills to break them and just letting them do what they do best in the field. He just seems to always bring the style and intensity.

Here is when he was a little younger and I was breaking him to shot and fall.

This is a picture of him in the same session following the flight of the bird after flush. Still intense and focused on bird but no sign of breaking.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
The painting is beautiful. Lou really captured the intensity of Moe.

Moe is one good looking boy. What's his breeding?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Vince once again that is great to hear!! Lou did a great job on that painting and as allways moe looks awesome!! congratulations getting on the cover that is something to realy be proud of!!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all for the kind comments. It is special to see your dog in a painting. It is even more special when he makes the cover of a big time magazine.

Angus,
His sire is Elhew Explorer. His dam is Elhew Sea Coral.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Classy looking dog, congrats Vince.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Great painting and a very stylish dog.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts