The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here purchased a gun from an on line firearm vendor like...GunBroker.com or Guns America or .... I saw a TV article that claimed that guns are being sold there without background or NCIS?

·
Registered
25,518 Posts
All firearms purchased online by non FFL holders, must be shipped to an FFL holder, for the transfer of said firearm. Sites such as Gunbroker and Gunsamerica make that very clear, as a means of using those sites.

It is legal in PA for private owners to do "no paperwork" face-to-face transfers of long guns. No such legal avenue for interstate transactions, or for handguns.

Don't believe everything you see in "the news". Those presenting such tripe as "news", have an agenda not shared by most here.

·
Registered
25,518 Posts
The news coverage he refers to, was on ABC News last night. NYC mayor and others, claiming online sales are flooding the city streets with firearms, complete with undercover video of illegal transactions.

The impression given, was that anyone can go online and buy firearms, without any safeguards in place.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I've bought 1 rifle via online dealer. Was very happy with it. Think mine was through auctionarms.com. I know Muab Dib does alot of online firearm purchases. send him a PM i'm sure he can give you some good insight...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Uh...Okay! As Denny said, I saw the mayor of New York having a tantrum about on-line gun sales. As only a casual gun enthusiast my knowledge is shallow on a good day. Heading to the winter hide out in Florida and gave some thought that if I saw an appealing firearm on the net while in Florida I could just order it up on the net but.... I guess the state residency factors would be at play. Which ... is Okay, too. Again, thanks for enlightening me. This message board is great because there are so many folks here that are willing to share the word.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
bloomberg is ridiculous. getting upset about a non-issue just shows how little he knows. if someone sells a gun across the internet without involving a FFL he's breaking the law. does it happen? probably. but so do handgun sales FTF in the hood. illegal just the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts