The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LIVE -

If your busy - just turn up the sound and keep working.

The senate will work for a while and then go on a long break (10 20 minutes) the time on CSPAN is filled with chamber music - but they will pick back up. You have to stick with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting - they are getting ready to vote on the Toomey Machin amendment... and Joe Biden is in the Senate presidents Chair.

That usually means that they see this vote as being close enough that the president - in event of a tie can cast the deciding vote.

Unlikely, as they need 60 votes.


CSPAN @ to watch the proceedings - NOW

link in first post
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vote was 54 - 46 Tomey Manchin amendment fails.


New vote on the Grassly vote.

Provides funds for mental health, enforcing background checks, and school security. Basically a LE funding amendment.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
26,979 Posts
Hip Hip Hooray!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,632 Posts
Good. A win for the sensible and GOOD guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,908 Posts
Bluetick said:
Vote was 54 - 46 Tomey Manchin amendment fails.


New vote on the Grassly vote.

Provides funds for mental health, enforcing background checks, and school security. Basically a LE funding amendment.
Fienstien voted no on this. It's only law abiding citizens she wants to punish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reid changed his vote after the total was known and the vote over.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,908 Posts
The Liberal Zombies are blowing up the Huffington Post right now, screaming bloody murder at the GOP. Stating how they are going to vote the republicans out in 2014. Good luck sheep.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,180 Posts
Bluetick said:
Reid changed his vote after the total was known and the vote over.......
I believe (not 100% sure though)he did that for procedural vote reasons. I think it allows them to re-vote or come back at a later time debate/vote. It gives him time to swing a few votes or at least try.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
684 Posts
novahunter said:
Bluetick said:
Reid changed his vote after the total was known and the vote over.......
I believe (not 100% sure though)he did that for procedural vote reasons. I think it allows them to re-vote or come back at a later time debate/vote. It gives him time to swing a few votes or at least try.

Yes it does according to whatever news I had on the TV, fox I think.

It starts @ 10 am tomorrow but the vote is scheduled for noon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Today was a massive defeat for the gun control side. Massive.....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,632 Posts
And Obama continues to harass the people of Newtown parading them around the Senate while the vote takes place.

He loses the vote and makes these people relive the tragic event with continued disappointment.

Nice job BO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,634 Posts
was watching on t.v. and the libs were saying there going to keep pushing this, not sure how. I'm afraid they'll just keep trying to vote on it till they get their foot in the door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
I thouht all he wanted was a vote. Now that he got one and he lossed, he wants another!!!So is this now going be best of three or more?
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top