The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever painted an arrow after it was fletched? I have some arrows that I was considering painting in blaze orange. I was thinking that I would put masking tape on the nock and the fletchings and some masking tape three inches above the fletchings then paint. Do you think that this idea would be effective?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I think it would be best to strip the vanes, crest the arrow and then refletch. On a small batch the materials would be fairly inexpensive. I don't think the painting will last or produce effective groupings.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One guy from another forum suggested that I use model enamel and a fine brush then sand it down with the 5000 grit paper. What your thoughts on that?

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Maybe, if your using a slow motor somehow to turn as you apply the paint. I would think if you got too much paint on one side of the arrow, you could throw off the balance of the arrow.

Here is another idea. Why not just get blaze orange wraps and whatever color vanes you want. But then this would require striping the vanes. Heck, Ill wrap and re-vane them for you if you want. Just an idea!

Go here for more info on solid wraps.

http://www.onestringer.com/index.php?page=mods/Products/showprod&catid=14

1 - 4 of 4 Posts