The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my TC Omega, and what a shooter!

This year I am having some problems sighting in however.

For the past 4 seasons I have been using raised sights and a cheap 3x9 simmons. The raised see-thru sights were terrible, and busted my nose too many times, and the simmons was not quality.

I switched to Leupold bases and a Leupold 4x12 VXI.

Problem is, the gun is shooting 6" low at 100yards, and the scope is adjusted the entire way up.

What gives? Never had this problem before.

Also, what is everyone shooting out of their Omega? I am using 3 pellets of triple 7 and a 250gr Hornady SST.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
don't know anything about omega's but sounds like you are going to have to use a shim in your scope rings,the good news it's no big deal.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Well for starters my uncle had that problem with every Leupold scope that he tried on his T/C's. I don't know if it is a problem with the scopes or the guns but everything that has a Burris on it is good. If you want to keep the scope then you will need a shim for under the base. Second I use 110gr or Pyrodex RS loose powder and a 295 Powerbelt. It shoots a touching 3 shot group at 100 yards.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I am using the new Barnes bullets made for tight bores. Much easier getting that second and third shot down the barrel, just in case a second shot was needed. They are accurate and perform as advertised. Much easier to load.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts