The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received and old shotgun i want to recondition. This gun was my uncles who is now in a VA hospital and may never return home.

It says Stoeger on the receiver but also has Brazil, and New Jersey, it is chambered in 12 ga. The forend of the stock comes off much like a clip for a rifle. If anyone has any more insight on this please let me know. I hope to recondition the gun and use it for grouse and I think he will be pleased to know this gun was reconditioned.

I will put up pics of the progress but this will not be for a while, because of fly orders and my desire to learn to make wing bone turkey calls. The gun does not have a choke or threads to recieve one. I was told an old trick of checking a dime. If the dime does not go into the barrel it is a full choke. If it does it will be modified or improved. Any other way to tell what choke is in the gun.

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
I have an older Stoeger Uplander and the fixed chokes are identified by the # of stars on the blr.

Sounds like it one of the older Uplander Models. Mine is 28 years old and still going strong.

The fixed choke markings are denoted by * marks on the bottom of the barrel under the forearm assembly. 3 on the left barrel and 4 on the right.

*** Modified choke

**** Improved Cylinder

1 - 4 of 4 Posts