The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is the wrong forum or if it has been asked before, but does anyone know where to get a couple older Redfield scopes repaired? One is a really nice 3x9 with the square looking (tv view?) ends. The horizontal crosshair is broken. The other one is a 2x7 Tracker and the problem with it is the power changer ring thingy looks like it has a set screw broken off as it spins the whole way around and doesn't change the power.I appreciate any help as these were my dads and have sentimental value and don't want to just get new scopes I want to get these repaired.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told that they will not honor the old warranty and want you to trade them in towards a new one and I don't want to do that. I read somewhere one time(can't remember where) about a place that is doing repair work on them fairly reasonable and was hoping someone on here might know.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
IMHO you are wasting your time to repair old scopes. 1.- The cost will be high, and that money could better be used toward purchase of a new scope. 2- New scope quality is so much better than it was even five years ago. Same as cars. Why fix up a Henry J when you could buy a new Ford?

Here is contact info for the above:Optical Services, Co
Attn: Bill Ackerman
PO Box 1174
Santa Teresa, NM 88008
Phone: 505-589-3833
E-mail: [email protected]
Power Boosting & Reticle Change

Osborn Optical Systems
Attn: Earl Osborn
585 S Dewey Rd
Dewey, AZ 86327
Phone & Fax: 928-632-8717
Scope, and other Optics Repairs

Parsons Scope Service
Attn: Gill Parsons
PO Box 195
2213 Smith Rd
Ross, OH 45061
Phone: 513-867-0820
Fax: 513-867-8380
Vintage Scope Repair

·
Registered
496 Posts
rem760 said:
Its been several years, but I sent an old 3x9 widefield from the early 1970s to this place for repairs, and was satisfied.

http://abousainc.com/sub1.htm

I used these folks to repair one of my old redfield scopes
it was on my first rifle and it ran about 80 dollars they had to put new cross hairs and clean the inside yep I could have bought any scope I wanted but I wanted this one fixed that was worth it to me

·
Registered
496 Posts
It is a Redfield 6X wide view ( TV ) type its better than the day I bought it

Vintage guns need vintage sights weather they be peep, ladder, open, or scope the latest and greatest scope on a vintage gun looks awful now my Leopold 6.5 x 20 VXIII look great on my new Ruger Hawkeye but would look out of sorts on my Remington 14 that sports a 2.5 Urteral hawk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts