The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My uncle, great uncle and great grandfather after a turkey hunt in Penn Hills.

My great grandpap's car with some deer at Camp in Tionesta.

My great grandmother and great great grandmother in 1940's. Forest county

Great grandpap with his brothers and some other family.

A great great uncle.

Venison hotrod

My uncle and great grandpap in Tidioute, 1970

My uncle 1970 something, Penn Hills

Great grandpap, Verona

Deer my great grandma shot

My great grandpap's first camp, on Cemetery Road in Tionesta.

My grandpap and uncle

Grandpap, uncle and great grandpap in one, great grandpap small game hunting.

Deer season at Tidioute camp, early 80's.

1946, Crawford Babcock

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Great old photos, thanks for posting. Do you know what year the photo from the camp on Cemetery Road was taken and where was the location of the camp along the road, possibly close to the Whig Hill Cemetery. I believe that camp is next to my place.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Love the pics in the old red and black Woolwrich.....Found my grand dad's. Only one thing in the pockets as I checked it out.....A rolled up bundle of wire ties from old Glad trash bags. Guessing he was hoping to fill one last tag the last time he wore it....

Trash at camp was always rough back in the 80's. The ties were always missing from the box LOL...

·
Registered
455 Posts
Those are super pics, CAMsm. If you'd like to, I'd invite you to post the ones from the Allegheny National Forest to the Facebook page for my book: www.Facebook.com/ASeasonontheAllegheny

As the name indicates, the book is about the Allegheny National Forest - about hunting on the ANF, to be specific- so we're always happy to get some pictures posted there. These older ones are real gems in my mind so I'd certainly welcome them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you. I honestly don't know where the camp is/was along Cemetery Road. I took a trip there a few years ago, but before I really looked at these pictures unfortunately. The picture was taken in 1946. Here's another one of the camp that may help you identify it. If it's still standing, please let me know, I'd love to see it in person!

It was named "Half a cup camp", sure it's changed by now!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. They're really cool. If anyone else on here has hunting-related pictures from the Allegheny National Forest, I invite you to post them on our Facebook page as well.

As for the book, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was most definitely a labor of love on my part. There's pretty much nowhere I'd rather be than on the ANF.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts