The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up yet another muzzy this week.When I first gauged it I thought it was a 16ga.Got it home and the mic read .615 and .600.Realized(dummy me)old muzzy shotguns have no chokes.Had supplies for 16ga but had to run to Dixons for 20ga wads amd cards along with new nipples.Not as high a quality Belgian double as my 11ga but still a nice huntabe old girl.The 11ga is on the left and the 20ga on right.Both made between 1847-1852.

All by herself.Hope the squirrels are as active in the woods as they are in the yard!

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Two beauties for sure!
I would say your local limb bacon population is in trouble! By the looks of the shell-bark hickory litter on the ground, you've got some fat squirrels in your back yard as well.

Any information on your latest double as to maker, etc.?

I'm sure you'll enjoy totin' either one of those fine guns around this fall. Have a good season, and thanks for sharing the great photos!

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Those are sweet.

If they could only talk, just think of the stories they could tell of past hunts and the hunters who took care of them so they would survive for someone to take them out in this century to make meat again.

Enjoy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts