The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
That is the most God awful disgrace to that song that I have ever heard. It makes me physically sick every time it is on the radio. He managed to totally ruin a classic song.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
didn't listen to the link, JMHO but I never liked Hootie and the Blowfish's music and was disappointed when "Hootie" launched a country music career. I was hoping he had made enough money and could retire never having to sing again, that way he could be happy and my ears could be happy as well.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
My mistake it was a 53 Chev Pickup, ran into a guy today that had one just like it and I asked him........

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
ACEarcher said:
I like hearing it from the band who first played it- Old Crow Medicine Show. Pretty sure they came out with it 5 years ago. I really wish that group would of stayed together. Old Crow Medicine Show was a great band.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gX1EP6mG-E

Not a good cover IMO.
OCMS came out with long before 5 years ago and Bob Dylan came out with the chorus long before the members of OCMS were born. Ketch Secor just finished it. I've seen OCMS for the first time back in 2005 and it had already been a huge song for them for several years. Great performers and great shows. The band is also alive and kickin'. I would recommend catching a show if you ever have a chance.

Its funny how the music scene differs by region of the country. I rarely ever heard Wagon Wheel anywhere up north until the past year or two. Its just about an anthem at most parties or bars I go to in the south. Same goes for Zac Brown's Chicken Fried which was a chart topper in GA, the Carolinas, and TN for a good 18 months before it started getting worn out in SW PA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts