The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday me and the Missus went to the Turkey Shoot at Jefferson County Longrifles. She was shooting Her $10.00 Percussion that She won at their Rhondy. What a fine Day. Well, after the fifth shot I dry balled.Tried stuffin` 4F behind the Ball...nuttin. Ball Puller wouldn`t bite enough to pull it. So, I hung it up on shooting the Paper Targets. So, A fellow Shooter and I shared His Flinter for the Mountain Man and Trail Walk. Then, the Missus broke the end of Her Ram rod. So, She had to share a Ram Rod with another fellow shooter. So, She cut Her Finger, on the front sight, when the short started slipped out of the Barrel. So, guess who won a Turkey??? Yep, the Lady with the Band-Aid on Her Finger. So, today I carefully removed the Barrel out of the slender Fullstock Flintr, taped a Broom Handle in the Barrel groove and tried to remove the Breechplug...no way!! So, I kept soaking the breechplug in liquid Wrench and after a few long hours, it gave up and came out. punched the Ball out and buttoned it back up and breathed a big sigh of relief. T`was a good Day with the fellow shooters and will be having Turkey for T`giving after all....
The End.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Did ya nickname the Mrs "Lucky"

All's well that ends well, just be careful that the chosen beast for the feast doesn't try to choke you or "lucky".

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the Gun was made by Ron Lukinbil of Emporium. And, She named it Lucky B. So, yeah, the element of Luck is definitly involved!! Ain`t the first time She cleaned my Clock! In fact, another shooter Lady pulled off a 46, out of a possible 50, on the 50 yd. Target.She outshot Her Hubby too.....

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
I have a daughter and 3 sons and she could out shoot her brothers most of the time. Her daughter is following in her footsteps.

Your Mrs has a fine rifle is it was crafted by Lukinbil

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, over and done with. Next is the Winter Rhondy. Hopefully, we can make it to more shoots next Summer...hopefully???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts