The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The morning started off pretty quiet. I did hear some gobbling out in the distance but nothing close. I set up in a hay field in the same spot I had called this bird from on Monday. On Monday he came in but never presented a shot in range.

Around 0630 I heard a gobble near a new pipeline they are putting in. Within 15 minutes I seen him and a jake enter the field. As soon as they saw the DSD’s both of them committed. He came in strutting to 30 yards and I dumped him with Hevi shot #7’s.

11” beard 15/16” spurs and he weighed 19.3lbs

Attachments

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Congrats Josh Nice longbeard, Lots of guys from around here knocking them down in Ohio. I know one group of four guys from Pa. hunting south of Marrietta got six longbeards so far this week.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats! I am itching to get out.

Thanks. The birds in Columbiana county have been hit and miss all week. Ive been in birds all week. Some days they are hot on the roost some days you gotta wait them out. Ive worked gobbling birds on 3 different farms from 0630-1100. I got a few more farms I havent even hit yet. I wish I had a better scouting report to tell ya. I bet youve done your homework. If your patient you will get into them.

With this rain front thats moved in I think i will get comfortable close to a field and wait them out. At least thats my plan A. Sometimes i call an audible last minute. Good luck to ya.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts