The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
What type of food sources are you finding, any acorns?
They're mainly feeding on ag and browsing their way back through. There are a few red oaks along the way that seem to be getting some attention. I'm still running cameras and have seen every buck from the tree that I have on camera except for the 10 and the shed buck which I believe are the same. I'm set up covering a 1/4 acre of bedding that I was certain the 10/shed buck was using. I was dumfounded to see the group of 5 bucks exiting it and walking past the other evening. They shouldn't have been there. I'm a lot confused. Still trying to figure something out but I'm not convinced there's any longer something here to target.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Day 15... 0 deer spotted. :( About as perfect an evening that you could hope for in mid January. It was brisk and beautiful out there.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Day 15... 0 deer spotted. :( About as perfect an evening that you could hope for in mid January. It was brisk and beautiful out there.
I agree I went for a walk this afternoon and thought the same thing, would of been a great afternoon to be in a tree.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Lone 8 point is kind of a vague description but it's likely I would have attempted to inflict the old double hemopneumothorax myself in that situation. We finally were able to get a new 20 cu. ft. freezer despite the limited supply so we have some space.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Day 17... 0 deer spotted. :( Taking the weekend off and throwing some more cameras out and will continue with the recon tomorrow. Cold front moving in on the 23rd. Maybe that will get the older bucks on their feet????

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Day 17... 0 deer spotted. :( Taking the weekend off and throwing some more cameras out and will continue with the recon tomorrow. Cold front moving in on the 23rd. Maybe that will get the older bucks on their feet????
Thought maybe you didn't go with the rain in the area.

·
Registered
14,185 Posts
Lone 8 point is kind of a vague description but it's likely I would have attempted to inflict the old double hemopneumothorax myself in that situation. We finally were able to get a new 20 cu. ft. freezer despite the limited supply so we have some space.
Apparently Tbrom is more patient than some of us. At this point though keeping his fellow HPA'ers entertained should be more important than his personal satisfaction and some actual shooting would go a long way in that regard.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
The next book will be "Late Season Tree Lounging in Ohio" with more pictures of shed antler buck....lol

Keep after em Todd, wear em down.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I arrowed 4 in PA. Don't need anymore meat and don't want to kill one just to kill it. I've got some product rolling in next week that I need to put through a whitetail for testing purposes so maybe after that???? Honestly, I'm hoping a 125" or better stranger shows up on this property but deep down I don't think it's going to happen. Also hoping this upcoming cold snap shakes things loose a little. I've got pictures of a 130" buck still carrying in PA so they haven't all shed.

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
I arrowed 4 in PA. Don't need anymore meat and don't want to kill one just to kill it. I've got some product rolling in next week that I need to put through a whitetail for testing purposes so maybe after that???? Honestly, I'm hoping a 125" or better stranger shows up on this property but deep down I don't think it's going to happen. Also hoping this upcoming cold snap shakes things loose a little. I've got pictures of a 130" buck still carrying in PA so they haven't all shed.
Just as an FYI you are aware that you can’t take a doe off public now in Ohio? Hate to see you post a success pic next week only to get a hefty fine.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Just as an FYI you are aware that you can’t take a doe off public now in Ohio? Hate to see you post a success pic next week only to get a hefty fine.
Yea, I'm aware but thanks cspot.

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Yea, I'm aware but thanks cspot.
I am in Ohio this weekend. Didn’t hunt this morning. While drinking my coffee I looked out and an 8 point and spike where feeding in range of cabin. Lol. Perhaps I should have went hunting. Lol. I wouldn’t shoot the 8 point here as he was small. I may shoot one that size where I am going tonight though.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
My 2 shooter bucks in Ohio are only coming thru during the night. A week and a half ago the one came thru at 8:19am.
Great to know some good bucks are still carrying their racks in Ohio as well.

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
I didn’t see crap this evening.

·
Registered
10,668 Posts
Is that because of a season restriction, or a statewide, year long one?

Edit: I looked it up, season restriction.

141 - 160 of 187 Posts