The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After working until 0100 I almost decided to sleep in. I was on stand around 0615. I was hunting a fresh scrape line that just appeared within the last couple days. Around 0730 I had 4 does feed underneath me. 25’ high, they were none the wiser and eventually fed off.
I knew if I saw a deer I had to be ready with bow in hand. This set was in a real tight pinch point. Around 0830 I heard some leaves rustling and caught movement. He was working a scrape about 50-60 yards in front of me. He ended up working his way down the trail and gave me a 24 yard broadside shot. At full draw I he wouldn’t give me a clear shot I needed. After giving me the clear shot I needed, he did a couple nose dives and ended up dying around 40 yards from the stand. Hes a main frame 10 with a kicker off his right G3 and G4.

Gotta love Sunday hunting! Sorry I had to. Ha

Attachments

·
Registered
9,477 Posts
Every time I see success post with Ohio in the title I pretty much automatically know it’s going to be a stud. Congrats man ! Awesome buck !

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Congrats Josh, Great Ohio buck. I was out late too but decided not to hunt today, must be getting lazy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts