The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Literally!!

The van that came flying in and smashed me while I was stopped at a red light. Was looking in the rear view like:

wow that vans flying... please don't hit me, please don't hit me, please don't hit me...POW!!!

I was surprised at all the more damage that was done to the back of my escape.

She hit me so hard that I was launched with my foot on the break about 15-25' in the the nice shiny range rover in front of me.

Here is the van that hit me.

The range rover faired out pretty good a new bumper, and back hatch should do the trick.

The van was a "SCHOOL STUDENTS" van so I immediately called 911. Everyone was ok, though wich I am very thankful. COuld have been a lot worse. A little stiff and a little soar from the jarring my body took but should be fine. I had time to sink into my seat and keep my head against the seat so I didn't get whiplash as bad.

SO last year I whacked a buck, and this year a van hit me, and my escape ate the Land rover! LOL

Thanks for the read, and again just thankful the 3 kids in the van are all ok.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Re: OH yeah, my escape eats Range Rovers for break

Glad to hear everyone is okay and you still will be able to bird hunt.

·
Super Moderator
26,650 Posts
On the plus side, there should be van driver position now open in the school district

Glad no one was hurt!

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No the owners wife was the one driving the van.

Good news though my insurance is going to give me enough to cover the loan.

Decided to use this as a chance to get out of debt and picking up an 04 jeep liberty. I loved that escape man but Momma needs a new set of wheels for all the kids. I got the escape expecting 1 baby not 2 lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts