1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Obviously not normal behavior. CWD?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Nah, that is not a sick deer, it is a deer that has been around people and has been fed by people. It is looking for a hand out. You see it is a bit jumpy because the people are strangers bit it still associated them with food. I have seen that before. That deer will not see another year.

Reactions: Muzz and Dogface

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Pretty neat!!:thumbs:

BTW I'd have to let him walk. There is no way I could pull the trigger.

Reactions: Muzz and 10der222

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
A few years back, buddy and I were hunting turkeys. Sitting a few yards apart facing opposite directions. Spike came up to me , sniffing,head bobbin sideways looks ,sniffin my boots. Goes over to buddy doing same thing but as soon as he smelled his boots he bolted. A few minutes later a box turtle makes a bee line for me, fast for a turtle, goes around my feet to my buddy then pulls inside his shell and stayed there for an hour. Go figure.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Had my daughter hunting youth doe a couple years ago. Sitting on the edge of a field. Had a spike buck come up and smell our boots.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
It's cool, but not cool. Next Saturday, he's done.

·
Registered
20,787 Posts
I'd be a bit leery because bucks with hard antlers can be belligerent, but this is still cool.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Very cool..... not many get to experience that I've had close encounters while in a tree stand but nothing like that Thanks for sharing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts