The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke down and bought a brand new 2014 Chevy Crew cab about a month ago, I have it less than 2 weeks and a deer bolts out and whammo, Im in need of a new front bumper and air dam. So I drop it off at the body shop, pick it up the next day and low and behold they scratched it washing it, no big deal, I take it back, they buff the scratches out, I go back to pick it up and now it has a nickel size ding in the drivers side door SMH! I leave it there, go back today to pick it up and all they did was touch up the 3 places where the paint came off, heck you can still see the ding from 100 feet away, grrrrrr!!! I guess Im not supposed to have anything nice

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its irritating, its a brand new truck I expect it to look like it. Over the course of its life it will acquire quite a few more dings and scratches, I just dont expect the place that I go to have things like that fixed to put them in.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I know what your saying. My wife had a deer run into the side of her black wrangler a couple years ago. Not much damage, but put a small dent in the side.
Took it to body shop, they called said it was done.
When I went to pick it up, they had put several runs in the clear coat, then tried to sand and buff it out. It sat in the sunlight, and you could very easily see the run's, the sand marks, and buffer compound all over it !!
I went back in and got the owner, brought him out and showed him........I honestly think he was madder than me....

Having my own business and employees, I kinda felt bad for the owner and his embarrassment, but I was still mad !

I went back to get it the next day and it was flawless, the owner saw to that.
By the way, this was at a Nationwide authorized body shop.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this was at a Nationwide authorized body shop
As is this. I left a message for the Nationwide rep that was handling the original claim. The collision office was closed when I picked it up, but I told the guy at the counter that I wasent happy with it and I dont care if they have to paint the entire door, I want it to look like the brand new truck it is. As of now I havent received a call from the shop. I wonder how much it would make their heads spin if I filed a claim with nationwide on them?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I let Nationwide talk me into using their "Blue Ribbon" body shops twice. Both times were disappointing. Now I stick with the guy I trust rather than the idiots that offer Nationwide a discount.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah they got me with the life time warranty on the repair if I used one of their shops.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Yep, me to, that's why I took it there. By the way wdchuckhntr, I see your from Bradford County, it was Decatur's body shop in Athens that did my jeep..........

·
Registered
20,869 Posts
Ghost said:
As is this. I left a message for the Nationwide rep that was handling the original claim. The collision office was closed when I picked it up, but I told the guy at the counter that I wasent happy with it and I dont care if they have to paint the entire door, I want it to look like the brand new truck it is. As of now I havent received a call from the shop. I wonder how much it would make their heads spin if I filed a claim with nationwide on them?
I'm an insurance agent and we only have one direct repair shop in town.I use them occassionaly but there's another shop that get's my business the vast majority of time.They aren't a direct repair shop but the treat my customers great,work well with our adjusters,give my customers a free loaner and I've never had a vehicle go back a second time.At times there's a delay if they find additional damage and need to send a supplement in.Just remember that no insurance company can ever tell you where you have to get your vehicle fixed.Using a direct repair shop can be more convenient but the shop has to be good.

·
Registered
20,869 Posts
Ghost said:
I don't think it would make their heads spin but they do have a contract with Nationwide and Nationwide should make sure it's right.I had some people hit a deer in Oct 2009 and one ofour direct repair shops fixed it.Some rust just started coming through a door panel last month and we made sure it got fixed.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nationwide should make sure it's right
And it looks like their doing just that, they will have the truck till tuesday, going to strip the door down, fix the dent and repaint the entire door.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
buzz said:
Yep, me to, that's why I took it there. By the way wdchuckhntr, I see your from Bradford County, it was Decatur's body shop in Athens that did my jeep..........
I had them do work on a RAV4 a couple years ago. It had been rear ended by a truck and the damage totaled over $10,000. When I picked it up (over three months later!) the front seats were filthy and had welder/grinder burns on them and there were issues with the body work and door gaskets. It took several return trips over a couple months to get things straightened out (or so I thought). In the end it still had issues when I turned it in after the lease termination. Thankfully it passed the return inspection and I didn't have to deal with it anymore.

I've had excellent results with Dave's Auto in East Smithfield. In my experience he actually cares about the quality of his auto body work.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Yep, heard good about him, about 5 miles from my house....

·
Super Moderator
26,656 Posts
Ghost said:
Yeah they got me with the life time warranty on the repair if I used one of their shops.
Sounds like you'll need the warranty. Make them fix it!

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mcquires Ford in Campbelltown, stay away, far far away.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I finally picked up my truck last night, after they said it would be done Tuesday, Tuesday came and went no call, called Wednesday, said it would be done Thursday, Thursday came and went no call, stopped in Friday, they said it would be done in 1/2 hour, stopped by and it was finally done. Gave it a hard look, everything looks good, but then again it should, they had it for a month SMH!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts