The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I’ll start. Had the day off today so headed out to a beautiful morning. Had high hopes for some movement but did not see a single deer. I hope others had a better day. Cannot hint tonight as it’s off to my sons football practice. Good luck all.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I was out this morning in 1a. Saw 4 doe and a busted up 8 pt. He was showing some interest but the does wanted nothing to do with him. Back out in another spot for the evening. Nothing to report. Getting close to prime time. Good luck.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I set up expecting doe to come from my right and work left in front of me. Instead they came from my left and worked left. 45 yards was the closest but it was a great night. Tomorrow will be my last sit until Saturday night.

·
Registered
703 Posts
The neighbors really messed things up tonight. Got settled about 430 and a half hour later I hear there atvs coming. They end up parking about 200 yds up hill just across the line but I’m not sure what they were doing?? Maybe hanging a stand for Saturday? I finally gave it up after 6 since they were still making a ruckus driving around and yelling.

·
Registered
892 Posts
This morning set up near active scrape where some nice bucks were coming in. Wind was calm and was not sure what tree to climb after checking any wind. Hid myself in the hemlocks and hoped a buck would hit the scrape and stroll by and give me a close shot. 7:20 I hear one coming to the scrape and the hemlocks hid it at 25yds and in mid stride it spooks and bolts to the left and I see the big buck bolt and stop briefly and then trot out of site. I was sick. He must of scented me. These big old bucks don’t mess around. Sat a different area this evening and nothing.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Finally on the board. Uneventful morning in 3C turned into an eventful night. I was over the clover plot with a crossbow (had the chance to use one for the first time ever) and had my friend and his gf in different woods. I hit an adult doe a little far back at 5:30 in the plot, but recovered her not far away after dark. My friend shot two doe, but we couldn’t find the one and ran out of time. Stinks but we tried our best.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Finally on the board. Uneventful morning in 3C turned into an eventful night. I was over the clover plot with a crossbow (had the chance to use one for the first time ever) and had my friend and his gf in different woods. I hit an adult doe a little far back at 5:30 in the plot, but recovered her not far away after dark. My friend shot two doe, but we couldn’t find the one and ran out of time. Stinks but we tried our best.
Just an FYI......If your not hunting in an SRA its illegal to shoot a 2nd deer before the 1st is legally tagged. Also if you have a wounded or potentially dead deer out there you really should attempt to follow up tomorrow AM.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Sat from 5pm to dark. Made too much noise setting up, bow got caught in a bush and made a racket when I was pulling it up. Wind was supposed to be out of the west blowing east, it did, but it also blew from the east toward the west! Swirling every which way. I'm sure I got busted.

Won't go out again until Saturday afternoon. Found a nice pinch with some good oaks and fresh sign leading to some rubs and a fresh scrape. Going to ninja in Saturday afternoon and sit until dark.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Went out yesterday just after 1pm to pull a couple trail cam cards on the way in and then look at them on my phone and go to the stand with the best sign. The first cam I cam to I opened the front to get the card but somebody stole it so I put another card in and turn it on and nothing ! Here they stole the batteries to. So I checked the other couple cards but not much on them and the one that I really thought would have allot on it said the card was empty. I think someone deleted them all ! I guess I can be lucky that they didn't steal my camera ! I don't know why its so hard to leave your fingers off of other peoples stuff ! Especially other hunters !!!
I did get set up in my stand by 3 and sat until dark but nothing seen until I left to head to the truck !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts