The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading out shortly. Sitting over a large scrap this morning along a heavily used travel corridor. Should present an option.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Beautiful day for hunting! Cool, crisp and no wind. Looking forward to finally getting out in the woods again! Heading out to an area with a lot of oak trees hoping someone bigger than a squirrel is hungry! Lol

·
Registered
601 Posts
In a new spot this morning and hoping for some action

Hunted every evening last week and Saturday, saw total of 10 deer and only buck was a spike

Good luck everyone

·
Registered
704 Posts
We got rain moving through the western part of the state this morning. Should be a great evening though...which I can’t make it out.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing moving. Rain showers here and there. Probably will sit until 10. I’m half way to where I’m going to hunt this afternoon so I’m going to stash my stand and grab it on the way back in.

·
Registered
9,477 Posts
Heading out to hunt this evening. Truck is packed and leaving directly after work. Should be a good day to hunt.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Started feeling a little off yesterday afternoon. By 430 last evening I was pretty dang sick, called it quits. Not feeling any better yet

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Got called to handle a plumbing problem at one of the rentals and its a pretty big issue so no morning hunt for me, hopefully will get it wrapped up in time for at least a quick afternoon sit behind the house.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Started feeling a little off yesterday afternoon. By 430 last evening I was pretty dang sick, called it quits. Not feeling any better yet

Hope you start feeling better soon! Elaine and I got our flu shots a few days ago, and within a couple of hours we were feeling those "flu like" side effects that have knocked us out of the box. This years flu shot seems to really affect some people pretty badly. Feel better!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Took this morning off. Going in around 2:30 for a long walk in to a spot I think has a hidden water source high up the mountain side. Cross my wingers it hasn't dried up!

Check the pheasant stocking locations. I went past the Francis Walter dam and the SGL 119 parking lot there. Must have been 20 trucks.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I hung a stand in a buck bedding area several weeks ago. There wasn't much sign of deer in there at the time, but I figured something may be using the area now since the corn field down the road was picked this week. The first buck came in right at first light. I could hear him grunting a long time before I ever saw him. He had 4 points on the right antler, but his left antler was busted up pretty bad. The second buck came in and bedded nearby, but his antlers were busted up, too. The third buck strolled in at 8:15, he presented a 10 yard broadside shot, so I decided he was the one! He went 20 yards and crashed. The other 2 bucks took off making quite a racket, which brought another buck in to investigate. That buck was a nice 9 pointer, but was not nearly as big body wise as my 8 pointer. Blessed to have punched my buck tag this early. Now on to muzzleloader bear and doe...and possibly more bowhunting! Good luck everybody!

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
I hung a stand in a buck bedding area several weeks ago. There wasn't much sign of deer in there at the time, but I figured something may be using the area now since the corn field down the road was picked this week. The first buck came in right at first light. I could hear him grunting a long time before I ever saw him. He had 4 points on the right antler, but his left antler was busted up pretty bad. The second buck came in and bedded nearby, but his antlers were busted up, too. The third buck strolled in at 8:15, he presented a 10 yard broadside shot, so I decided he was the one! He went 20 yards and crashed. The other 2 bucks took off making quite a racket, which brought another buck in to investigate. That buck was a nice 9 pointer, but was not nearly as big body wise as my 8 pointer. Blessed to have punched my buck tag this early. Now on to muzzleloader bear and doe...and possibly more bowhunting! Good luck everybody!
Great job! That deserves its own thread

·
Registered
601 Posts
Nothing seen on the morning hunt. Back in a different stand for the evening. The wind is really swirling

·
Registered
876 Posts
Warm. Been on the stand for about an hour. Bumped deer on the way in, so they are around. Watching a six, and 8 and a crazy looking 5 point. With 4 nice points on one side and a single goofy beam on the other. Good luck everyone.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts