The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody get out or planning to today?I,ve been seein some nice Bucks and want to take my Bow with me.I know it has been discussed here before but I can,t remember if you can have 2 weapons so you can go after 2 different sex of Deer if the opportunity presents itself that you can choose on which one to legally harvest.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Was out this morning for a few hours. Quiet and cold. Nothing but chipmunks and red squirrels. Starting to give me a complex. Back out this evening on some fresh ground.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Got my first deer with the muzzleloader! Big button buck. He came in alone and ate acorns under my stand for 15 minutes. While he was there, 7 other deer cruised by 60 yards away. I had to decide whether to try for one of them or wait him out. I decided to wait. He moved off about 40 yards and noticed me. I dropped him. Went through the spine and lung. He died quickly. So excited!

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Got out for the first time this season this evening. Took the flintlock. Went out right after work to catch the last hour and a half. Saw nothing until right at the end of shooting light. Had a 6 point walk directly in front of me broad side at about 30 feet. I was in a small blind, so the deer couldn't see me. Never fails, every time I hunt the early season like this, I see bucks. I'll go out during the regular season and will see nothing but does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts