The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Haven't had time to get the gear ready. Took all day yesterday drying out our gear from our recent grouse hunt. I'm hoping to get the flintlock out later this week.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
gun was loaded and on the sand bags on the bench at my window for the shooting range. had a big doe at my 100 yard target tonight. there are deer out there every afternoon and evening, may have to thin them out here at home this year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good God i went out at 2:30 with my crossbow to sit where I knew some deer had been bedding. My carbon express crossbow snapped when
cocking it
went back
home for flintlock about 6 pm
6 point and 8 point came right to me thru soybean field
8 point came to within 30 yds and stared at me

Attachments

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saw a 4 point while doing some not so stealthy still hunting. Wind was in my favor and he took his sweet old time sauntering off. Otherwise a scratch for me today. Back at it tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
I took a 118 lb doe in Armstrong County at 6;45 p.m. Six deer came walking up the hollow right past my blind and I put the crosshairs behind the shoulder of the largest doe. She piled up 40 yards later. I spent the rest of the evening skinning and cutting her up. Now she's aging in my cooler.

Reactions: blackpowder
1 - 8 of 8 Posts