The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm stuck at work until noon, which is OK considering it's raining fairly good. Should be in the woods, ready to go, by 1:30/2:00.
Went to hook up my hitch/deer hauler last night and found out that over the summer it rusted out to the point I can't use it, so feel confident I'll get a deer. Threw a tarp in the back of the Xterra, minor issue..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got one tonight with my .50 cal about 6:30PM. Was just inside the woods watching trails leaving bedding when I heard one behind me in a soybean field. It bounded off up the field to the other side of the peak of the hill. I circled the downwind side of the hill and got a 75-100 yd shot. Dropped right there.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Congrats Edg & Friedl!!! Couldn't get out this weekend but heading to my camp Wednesday to hunt Thurs-Saturday. Hoping to score early then hunt bushytails with my 22 mag!!

·
4,249 Posts
Took my new Lyman Trade rifle for a walk on Saturday afternoon. Had 2 coyotes come in. Squeezed off on one; it growled, did a couple 360s, and took off. Didn't see blood and didn't find the dog but it was exciting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts