The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gun sales have increased, Americans are waiting in line to get in gun shows and the NRA membership was signing up 8000 new members a day in the wake of the CT shooting.

Obama has done more to positively impact the ranks of the pro-gun industry than any other President in history. Whether it's a real fear or not is irrelevant.... America is making a clear statement.

"From these cold, dead hands"

Thanks for strenghing our numbers Obama.

(Reuters) - Gun enthusiasts thronged to shows around the country on Saturday to buy assault weapons they fear will soon be outlawed after a massacre of school children in Connecticut prompted calls for tighter controls on firearms.

Reuters reporters went to gun shows in Pennsylvania, Missouri and Texas, and found long lines to get in the door, crowds around the dealer booths, a rush to buy assault weapons even at higher prices and some dealers selling out.
Source

·
Super Moderator
1,739 Posts
I've been thinking the same thing since the shooting. Guys at work are running to gun shops looking for AR 15 type rifles and AK's. They are not finding any as they are sold out. I would think the manufacturers will have to ramp up production and those people will be working overtime so he will be helping the economy also.

So with all this happening it shows what Americans really want and not the gun control the news media is hyping about.

I read in the paper that Pa is going to be a big issue state and leaning towards a ban because of all the Obama supporters, well I think they are going to get a big surprise when they find out that our guns mean alot more to us than they think.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I was in a shop on Saturday to exchange a set of scope rings.
While chatting with the owner as he was trying to get through on the background check line, a woman walked in and asked if he had any stripped lowers...

He chuckled and said "even if I COULD get them, they are going for $350-$400!" Her reply... "can I order some?"

During the hour I was there, there had to be at least 10 people come in ALL looking for AR's or magazines.

Stopped in another shop on Sunday next door to where we had stopped to pick up some things (mostly wanted to see the nuttiness). Asked one of the sales people I've know for years... "so how long did it take to sell out of AR's?" He said: When we opened Tuesday morning we had 125 of them. (they are closed on Mondays). Wednesday they were all gone!"

·
Registered
746 Posts
I feel lucky. I have been on the fence about buying an AR for a few months now. Almost got one a few months ago. I went to Dunham sporting goods the Monday after the shooting caused this stir and bought the sixth one they sold that day and it was on sale. They had two or three left. It took a half hour to get through on the background check line. Crazy. Go on pennswoods.net and look at the classifieds. Guys Are all trying to capitalize on the shortage of ARs, mags, and ammo. Some people are getting upset calling them out for trying to take advantage of others for the jacked up prices they are trying to get for these items. I for one say that the market sets the price and if someone is willing to pay that price or more you take it and if no one wants to pay the price you want you either lower your price or don't sell your item.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Are the gun manufacturers UNION? Perhaps this was all just to boost union overtime.

·
Registered
766 Posts
John Henry said:
Are the gun manufacturers UNION? Perhaps this was all just to boost union overtime.
I was thinking the same thing, I was also wondering if BO and his cronies have stock in any of these gun manufacturers. Never let a good opportunity go to waste.

·
Premium Member
24,045 Posts
Diehardhunter said:
John Henry said:
I was thinking the same thing, I was also wondering if BO and his cronies have stock in any of these gun manufacturers. Never let a good opportunity go to waste.

Obviously more to all of this than meets the eye.

Plus there is a limited amount of disposable income(least in the average gun buying populous) out there so likely some other economic sectors will suffer with such unplanned diversion of money away from them. My guess is some of the desparados would give up buying groceries for the family in order to buy demselves a Bushmaster to prepare for whutever!! lol

I already see the choppy seas starting to calm..

·
Registered
25,511 Posts
Conversed with a major firearms dealer earlier this week. He now calls Obama the nation's most accomplished firearms salesman.

I might suggest that he have NSSF send Obama an achievement plaque, as a token of their appreciation.

·
Premium Member
24,045 Posts
DennyF said:
Conversed with a major firearms dealer earlier this week. He now calls Obama the nation's most accomplished firearms salesman.

I might suggest that he have NSSF send Obama an achievement plaque, as a token of their appreciation.

Yup...their short ride hopefully was enjoyable.

Next year they will be looking for an Obama bailout! lol

Kiddin aside...I sure hope not!

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Marketing is an amazingly powerful thing.

"Obama's going to take your guns!"

Even more effective than "Great taste, less filling."

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
King Obama is talking about another round of stimulus give outs. Rest be assured , if this happens, I`ll be putting mine towards a new Marlin Thutty-thutty!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Wont happen in PA. The Rural districts in the State House and Senate actually have a voice in Harrisburg, unlike the Federal level

·
Registered
766 Posts
Diehardhunter said:
John Henry said:
I was thinking this same thing when the ammo tax scare was out there and everyone was/is buying all the ammo they can get their hands on. Sometimes you feel like a puppet and politicians are getting rich. I mean all they have to do is make a threat and boom, its like knowing the winning lottery number or what a stocks going to do tommorow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts