The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw that Obama is creating a Gun Control Task Force. Anyone have any idea what this entails?

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
boli said:
Just saw that Obama is creating a Gun Control Task Force. Anyone have any idea what this entails?
Probably something like this:
It has now been over 10 years since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own Government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The statistics for the years following the ban are now in: 1. Accidental gun deaths are 300% higher than the pre-1997 ban rate 2. The assault rate has increased 800% since 1991, and increased 200% since the 1997 gun ban. 3. Robbery and armed robbery have increase 20% from the pre-97 ban rate. 4. From immediately after the ban was instituted in 1997 through 2002, the robbery and armed robbery rate was up 200% over the pre-ban rates. 5. In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 171 percent. Learn more at http://www.reasonorforce.com/2010/08/australian-gun-ban-facts-statistics.html

http://www.westernjournalism.com/watch-what-happens-when-a-nation-bans-guns/

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully the task force will investigate more into Operation Fast and Furious. Oh yeah, the govt was behind that...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
we are heading for this so called fiscal cliff. they want to cut medicare and medicaid plus social security. This yo yo wants to put some of his cronies to work. where does he expect to get the money to pay these people. ohh thats right he has already cut medicare $750,000 dollars. sorry for any typos, hard to type with a patch over one eye.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Record numbers of unemployment, homelessness, and about to step into a 3rd depression and this is what's important?

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
hunter4095 said:
Record numbers of unemployment, homelessness, and about to step into a 3rd depression and this is what's important?
yep pretty much all obama cares about is being center of attention on recent top news. media has destroyed the world. if something worse were to happen this would be instantly forgot about.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Obama just said that Joe Biden is in charge and he(Biden) is going to evaluate the second amendment and figure out what it really means. We're in trouble.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
from the article I read on MSN-banning of "assault weapons" (like I really want Joe Biden determining which ones those are), clip limits, and the part I found really interesting limits on ammo (don't know if these means just the amount you can have in your possession or if it means there going to make them produce the ammo with a shelf life or both), whatever any of this means it don't look good boys. Get ready.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I think ammo will definitely be targeted. Also, how many firearms an individual will be allowed.

One thing that I read recently and particularly alarms me is the ability to pass firearms to heirs. I believe ban language I've read will grandfather ownership but that ownership will not be allowed to be transferred thru sale or as part of your estate.

Time to keep eyes wide open.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
This is getting ugly, first it was their will be an assault weapons ban and clip restriction, now there talking about ammo restrictions, Obama wanting action within a month makes me wonder about this going through proper channels in the Senate and House or if it will be decreed by the king. I'm also starting to wonder just how much more will be included? I understand their needs to be some mental health care reform but in the meantime do we as citizens stand by and let our 2nd amendment right get trampled on?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He said in his speech in Newtown that he will take executive order if necessary. Now, executive order on what exactly, i have no idea.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
So the Sandy Hook tragedy has been so widely repoted that the Govt. has to do SOMETHING.

Tell me which is easier to do if you are a politician, and don't forget that you want to get re-elected in a few years:

Regulate responsible reporting of the news, (First amendment)

Supply a viable mental health treatment system that actually helps those with mental illness and their families

Eliminate "Gun Free" areas such as schools, hospitals, etc

Allow employees the opportunity to protect themselves and others at the workplace

Mandate that all employers take steps to provide a safe work environment

Regulate the guns of law abiding citizens

That, my friends, is why the task force was created.

And as far as Biden leading it...Obama knows it is a no win situation, which is why he put smokin' Joe on the case.....

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Tip of the iceberg fellas, tip of the iceberg.

The 2nd amendment is about to be ripped up, trampled on, drug through the mud, and then lit on fire right before our very eyes and there is literally nothing we can do about it.

To all those who voted for Obama, shouting out that he would NEVER violate the 2nd amendment or take away out gun...you made this bed, now lie in it. If you were naive enough to actually believe what you were spouting then maybe you don't deserve to own a gun anyway.

This is going to get bad and in a hurry...

·
Super Moderator
26,974 Posts
It's going to get even worse once he gets to pick another SCOTUS judge or two.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, this task force lost even more credibility with me now that I've learned that Eric Holder is involved

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
hunter4095 said:
It's important because a school shooting is a "golden flower" for Dumbo to advance is ideology of gov't control of EVERYTHING. . . Including disarming the public so it will lessen public unrest from conflicts of the future. Don't think he's not going there, he is.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
The press will keep this front and center for as long as it takes. I cannot believe anyone could vote for this lightweight. Easily the most ignorant president in my lifetime.( yes I was around for Jimmy) He has said nothing in four years, a complete empty suit. His actions in four years along with his cabinet border on criminal or perhaps complete incompetance, and by the way..... Idealism never works.....ever, yet we elected him along with all the nutbags in congress. Puppets of misinformation are we. We deserve what we get.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts