The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
If it were not for the current leadership I would call this foolish garbage. However with this grouop I put nothing down as foolish.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Serving in active military now with the Regime in power must be a very depressing place. It's depressing for me and I'm not wearing a uniform.

These folks have to call him "commander in chief"....I call him a lot of things, but commander-in-chief is not one of them.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I retired, from the U.S. Army, with this loon as President. I have zero respect for him and I am ashamed that my Retirement Certificate is signed by him. I will never be able to hang it on my wall. That's the thanks I get for a 20+ year career.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
scottm2012 said:
I retired, from the U.S. Army, with this loon as President. I have zero respect for him and I am ashamed that my Retirement Certificate is signed by him. I will never be able to hang it on my wall. That's the thanks I get for a 20+ year career.
That's exactly my point. I'm sorry Sir that you cannot hold your head where you would have liked to due to who has signed your paper. I would feel the same way. Thanks for your service.

·
Registered
869 Posts
A lot of my friends are serving, and I do not know one of them that voted for Obama. What does that tell you! Small sample size but literally 0% support from people I know. Very telling

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
wyomingcounty said:
These folks have to call him "commander in chief"....I call him a lot of things, but commander-in-chief is not one of them.
yessir

Let's watch carefully how he restructures our military. Paying attention to their rise through the ranks, and their backgrounds.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I think he's doing this (the military shuffle) to make sure he has loyalty to the Regime in the event that the military is asked to do unspeakable things to its citizens. I know, this is the "black helicopters", "tin foil hat", type of stuff, but one has to be open to anything at this point.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
The "explanation" for this doesn't really hold water either.

They are training for urban combat overseas? They have urban combat facilities on bases all over the country, they don't need to be rappelling onto rooftops in major cities all over the country.

And if the military is training for overseas missions, then why are all the law enforcement agencies training with them?

Look, I realize that it rubs a lot of people the wrong way to suggest that member of the military may fire upon their own citizens, especially those who have served. With all due respect, this isn't your daddy or grandad's military.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
The "explanation" for this doesn't really hold water either.

They are training for urban combat overseas? They have urban combat facilities on bases all over the country, they don't need to be rappelling onto rooftops in major cities all over the country.

And if the military is training for overseas missions, then why are all the law enforcement agencies training with them?

Look, I realize that it rubs a lot of people the wrong way to suggest that member of the military may fire upon their own citizens, especially those who have served. With all due respect, this isn't your daddy or grandad's military.
This isn't your grand daddy's Regime, I mean administration, either. Get ready for the 3rd term! And no, it won't be based on votes. That's why the gun ban is so important to The Regime. If it wasn't for that pesky Constitution, the Regime would have banned firearm ownership outright for serfs, I mean citizens....then there would be no need for martial law....or something.

I don't think this is going to end well.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
More "training" exercises around Houston apparently involving live fire again...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/...-time-in-texas/

Go ahead and tell me to take the tin foil hat off but I am just telling everyone to keep their eyes open.

The federal government obtained over 1 billion rounds of ammo last year. To put things in perspective, our military averaged about 70 million rounds a year while in Iraq...

And these are all hollow point rounds, illegal to use in warfare per Geneva Convention...

DHS just ordered 7,000 AR rifles, or "personal defense weapons" as they call them.

The military is showing up in major cities all over the country and "training" with LE agencies, complete with live firing.

Stories are surfacing about Obama's "litmus test" to military commanders about firing on their own people.

The federal government's foot is on the gas right now on the gun control issue and they are getting military and LE leaders to come out in support of their position.

I just urge everyone to forget the mindless reality shows and other "entertainment" that is taking everyone's focus off some very important issues facing us right now. Apathy has led us to where we are right now and now is not the time to look the other way.

Keep informed, keep vigilant, keep your eyes open...

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Do the research . Keep digging . Follow the money and connections . See who attends the World Summits . What is the Agenda ? How can America become a 3rd world country ? The policies & agendas are what you have in 3rd world contries , NOT the USA ! Truth as they say , is always stranger than fiction .

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Some in the officer corps might go for it, but most of the individual troops will oppose the order. The oath of enlistment or commission given every soldier will be their guiding light:

In the Armed Forces EXCEPT the National Guard (Army or Air)

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that <span style="font-weight: bold">I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;</span> and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

In the National Guard (Army or Air)

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that <span style="font-weight: bold">I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of (STATE NAME) against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;</span> and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of (STATE NAME) and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God.

Note the constitution reins over the authority of the president and officers. This is the dividing line. This is the reason the military spends considerable time and effort teaching troops about unlawful orders and following them.

That single line in this oath has been the deciding factor in many instances of guilt or innocence of troops and their action over the years. No longer does a troop need to blindly follow orders. Each troop, of any branch, is held to standards of compliance with orders, and the responsibility not to follow unlawful orders.

Never a clean crisp line. But where the citizens of this country go, and for many service people, gun rights go, at this point in history, those giving the order might end up on the wrong side of the rifle barrel.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Those higher ups who only give the orders but do not execute them will have no problem doing so if ordered. These are the ones that are being hand picked by the adminstration, the ones that forget their oath and look only at politics as a mean to further themselves. But for the grunts on the ground(proud to be a grunt of 8 years)those that have had to pull the trigger it is completely different story. For those that have served in combat and have had to pull the trigger on another human being, there is alot that goes through your head. Its hard to put haigi in those sights and pull the trigger even when he is firing at you. But that is in an act of war, completely different scenario. Now do you truly believe that a grunt would put his neighbor, wearing a steelers jersey and an NRA cap holding an American flag, in his sights and pull the trigger? That is murder, not an exercise of war.

See the ones that they would have to come after are the same ones that stand along a parade route holding the american flags as the soldiers walk by. Are the ones that make a perimeter so that protesters have no way of intferring with the burial of the their brother in arms. They are the same ones that say thank you for your service, send them care packages, build homes for the wounded ones, and help their families when they are gone. I highly doubt that those that have to execute such an order would simply do so blindly. The american soldier, sailor, marine, and airmen are not zombies that blindly follow the orders no matter how messed up, they are thinkers and that whats makes us such a great and successful military.

Now the ones that they would not have to go after are the ones that despise the military, despise guns, despise everything great about this country. They won;t be standing up for the Constitution because they don;t believe in it.

They would try to say that those standing up against the tyranny of the government are a domestic threat and will spin it many ways. However, those that truly know, and folks there are alot of them, the true enemy are those in the rear with the gear giving these unlawful orders.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts