The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
No you do not need ejectors, it is handy though if you are hunting doves when you may need to reload fast. I have 5 sxs shotguns and only one has ejectors, my o/u has them but I rarely shoot it.

·
Registered
9,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I want them, and was just asking how high end I have to get to get them in an O/U. Do Red Labels have them? What about the Spartan's that Remington sells? We often get in a fast shooting frenzy in rabbit season and I want to reload quickly. I have semi's, but want to start hunting with a O/U

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
I have a Yildiz in 20 gauge that I paid 350 for. It has ejectors, and that little bugger will crank the empties about 15 feet when you break the gun open!

·
Registered
9,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah sharkbait, good point. I'd hate to open the gun and have loaded rounds flinging to who knows where. I think from prior encounters though that most of the ones with ejectors will only eject the spent round.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
If the unfired shell is being kicked out with the fired one the ejectors are not working properly. No ejector gun is made that way.

·
Registered
9,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought that too, John, but not being real up on my SxS and O/U's, I thought I'd ask to be sure. Think I'll look into a Spartan as Red Labels are a bit dicey for me

·
Registered
941 Posts
My advice is to purchase a good quality used o/u. Cheap o/u's are just that. They are blocky and heavy and generally dissapointing to shoot and carry. As a shooting instructor I see many many folks wanting to play the part and buy a stackbarrel without spending any money. Go to shows or check online auctions and find a used quality gun. Beretta,browning,ruger,SKB or even some of the traditions guns are all so much better choices then the cheap russian and turkish stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts