The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished this blade up today. Made from o-1 tools steel, damascus bolster and end cap and antler I think elk in the middle. Different from what I usually make but I'm happy with the results.

Appreciate any critiques and thoughts. Blade is 4 inches or so

Best

Ross

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
good stuff Ross!!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
thank you
Ross, Every thing looks great. If I add squire to my name those initials will work Keep up the good work. Worked all weekend on my anvil repair. Done welding needs ground or machined. Might be to hard to cut with mill. Has very good rebound and so far no cracks. unwrapped today still warm from Sunday. Thanks for letting us see your work. I need to have someone talk me through posting pictures. Thanks Be safe:hotbounce2:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you
Ross, Every thing looks great. If I add squire to my name those initials will work Keep up the good work. Worked all weekend on my anvil repair. Done welding needs ground or machined. Might be to hard to cut with mill. Has very good rebound and so far no cracks. unwrapped today still warm from Sunday. Thanks for letting us see your work. I need to have someone talk me through posting pictures. Thanks Be safe

If you post from your phone and pics are on the phone all ya do is click the paperclip top right and pick which pic and it uploads.

Sounds like a heck of a project. Glad it's coming out well. I milled the face of mine on my van norman mill 22l mill. It was not easy. I'm also not a machinist. Mainly the hardness of the face was the issue. I dont know much aboutvtacing anvils either. Keep us posted

Thanks for the kind words

1 - 15 of 15 Posts