The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bloomberg was on TV this morning, running his yap again about the "gunshow loophole" providing terrorists with firearms and other assorted bits of idiocy. Another congressional hearing, this one on the recent Times Square car bomb.

Bloomberg used the venue to again yap about his anti-gun agenda, trying to tie US terrorism incidents like the Ft. Hood shootings, to our "inadequate" gun laws.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
This guy is such a nut, when is he up for re-election, cause I'm really hoping he get's voted out, sad when he's not even in my state.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
You GUYS do not understand,We have inadequate gun laws...How many Illegal Mexicans are now wondering around the USA with pistols and AK in their cars??? The number of them would blow your mind.Case in point a couple years ago in grueling LA traffic a man and his young son was viciously murdered by a illegal with a prior record opening up with an AK with hundreds of witnesses doing nothing because they were not allowed by California laws to carry a firearm.Living in your cozy little nest in your back forty cabin does not show you the REAL world out there.Go to Chicago or LA or NYC at night sometime.Half the people in LA do not speak english..

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
burk313 >> your posts absolutely kill me, i'm sure you would be first in line to hand over yours and would do it with a smile on your face...your post on sako rifles gave alot of people a insight to your knowledge of anything that has to do with firearms too >> unbelievable!

·
Super Moderator
26,978 Posts
How many Illegal Mexicans are now wondering around the USA with pistols and AK in their cars???
Do you think any laws, old or new, would stop them from getting guns illegally??? Since being in this Country Illegaly already, they have no legal means of obtaining firearms.

But, yeah, more laws would stop them

Case in point a couple years ago in grueling LA traffic a man and his young son was viciously murdered by a illegal with a prior record opening up with an AK with hundreds of witnesses doing nothing because they were not allowed by California laws to carry a firearm.
Pretty good case in point is right. But the point I see it making is that too many laws are restricting the law abiding citizens of that State from being able to do something in that situation.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
burk313 said:
You GUYS do not understand,We have inadequate gun laws...How many Illegal Mexicans are now wondering around the USA with pistols and AK in their cars??? The number of them would blow your mind.Case in point a couple years ago in grueling LA traffic a man and his young son was viciously murdered by a illegal with a prior record opening up with an AK with hundreds of witnesses doing nothing because they were not allowed by California laws to carry a firearm.Living in your cozy little nest in your back forty cabin does not show you the REAL world out there.Go to Chicago or LA or NYC at night sometime.Half the people in LA do not speak english..
Huh? Would you make up your mind. Here is another post by you

"This just goes to show any of you HPA members out there who are not full paid members of either the NRA or Second Amendment Foundation NEED to pay your DUES for this country and your share of supporting your second amendment rights.If you do not have extra funds now wait til your finances improve and join up then..."

How do you constantly push the NRA and our rights and then post this garbage.

The solution is remove the mexicans not the firearms

·
Registered
96 Posts
burk313 said:
again ... wow - just wow. Your posts just = FAIL. So because the gun laws in LA didn't allow anybody to do anything to stop an ILLEGAL immigrant from killing somebody. He obviously had a gun in LA when the laws said he couldn't - but because of ridiculously strict laws out there, nobody could stop him. So you are saying that if we get tougher laws here, or in NYC then illegal immigrants will not be able to get guns? They are already getting them illegally. Thank God we can own the fireamrs to protect ourselves or stop something like the LA story you talked about instead of watching in horror.

Seriously - THINK BEFORE YOU POST!!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
You guys are all great post writers with excellent points.If you are a law abiding citizen you enjoy your guns but an Illegal does not have the right to posess a gun in our country.And this countries lax laws allow this type of thing.A police officer I think in Ohio late at night stops an illegal alien and finds he has a pistol.The officer decides to let the illegal go and keep his pistol. The next day the illegal and his illegal buddies rob a bank and I think killed two tellers. The officer finds out about his mistake of allowing the illegal to go with his pistol and the officer commits suicide.These situations are being played out all across our great nation.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
sorry to hear about the officer, as for the illegals if we ever start to enforce some of the laws out there (arizona) the next time one gets pulled over and he is illegal he gets deported or imprisoned, and then he doesn't rob a bank, gun laws won't fix an immigration problem, enforcing immigration laws will. JMO.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Burke313,

What law(s) could possibly be created that would keep guns out of the hands of the criminals/illegals???????

I do know that if the officer that you posted about (that committed suicide) had ENFORCED the laws that are already on the books, 3 less people would be dead.

Creating new laws will not keep guns out of the hands of criminals. It will however make it much more difficult for law abiding people to defend themselves. You posted a perfect example with the situation in California. Had the victims (or witnesses)been able to be armed, that tragedy may have been avoided.

There are already several laws on the books that make it illegal for criminals/illegals to own/possess guns.

So again I ask.....what new laws could possibly be passed that would keep guns out of the hands of criminals?????

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Here's one that may work. If you are an illegal alien found to have committed a crime you don't get a nice US jail cell or deported back home to simply return tomorrow. They get deported to some hellhole in the middle east, africa or to be really cruel france

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
ConfusiousSays said:
Here's one that may work. If you are an illegal alien found to have committed a crime you don't get a nice US jail cell or deported back home to simply return tomorrow. They get deported to some hellhole in the middle east, africa or to be really cruel france

I could handle that. Might be my best chance at hunting there.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I still support the idea of sniper posts and a huge fence along our southern border. Oh, and robotic air defense systems that will strike low flying aircraft. Call it Zero Tolerance...

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I do not know if you guys understand but the country presently is in very bad shape mostly thanks to the lax laws of the Bush administration and now Obama administration. I think the next President who runs on a ticket of declaring WAR on Mexico I will be more then happy to vote for. Bush had a hispanic relative by marriage and his hands were tied.Bush sent the National Guard to the border a couple years ago with no bullets in their guns while Mexican dopers with backpacks full of USD fled south passed them armed with AK-47. I would have liked to been on the border that day armed with a 50 cal Barrett.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts