The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
When Rhode Island was stopping and turning back New Yorkers back in March, Cuomo was incensed. He stood for the freedom of New Yorkers to spread the virus across the US. Now doesn't want to return the favor.
correct you are, same with dummy Murphy of NJ

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Well, we survived a 3 day trip to the PRNJ without issue.
Some observations from my 72 hours behind enemy lines:
1. "Locals" (year-round residents of the town I go to, of which there's less than 250 total for a "town" having over 1000 homes.) are scared stupid. They wear masks IN their homes, in their cars, and everywhere in public. They "glare" and say things under their breath when they see someone without a mask. They keep at least 12' apart when waiting in lines, and barely crack their car windows when paying the gas pump attendant.
2. The only folks we saw wearing masks on the beaches were the Beach Tag Nazi's and, surprisingly, the lifeguards. That's gonna make for some interesting tan lines.... Beach-goers basically setup wherever... Didn't really notice any distancing enforcement. 17 year old lifeguards and tag-checkers aren't really going to speak up anyway.
3. Less than half of the usual restaurants and night-life spots were open. Those that were had hastily cobbled together outdoor dining areas or were take-out only. Several closed businesses had some "entertaining" signs posted expressing their displeasure with Gov Murphy...
4. Charter/head boats were running, but at 50% (or less) capacity.
5. Stopped in my favorite bait shop to chat with the owner (known for 20+ years) business is down (obviously) but not horribly so. It's crushed his small boat rentals, but he's doing ok on B&T sales as surf fishers and private boat owners are still doing their things. Oh, he only puts on a mask if he sees gov't tags pull into his lot or a customer whines.
6. Didn't notice any signage on the ride down, but on the ride home, the highway signs began crawling messages stating "Out of State visitors call 511 for updated quarantine regulations." Good luck with that, Murphy.

·
Administrator
27,836 Posts
"NY, NJ, CONN. to quarantine visitors from worse-off states"

Here in New York our own democrat Governor became the United States most prolific mass murderer when he killed thousands of people by sending infected people to nursing homes. Where could anybody be coming from that could possibly be a worse-off state?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Well, we survived a 3 day trip to the PRNJ without issue.
Thanks for the update BEL. From what you report, it is a “woke” state. They deserve Bruce Springsteen.

·
Registered
21,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
A nurse I work with told me today her son went to a "senior beach house" in Wildwood NJ for "Senior Week"....11 out of 12 tested positive for Covid….I guess 18 year old's aren't immune either.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
****, he shoulda stayed home with old lady that lied to you. Is he woke yet?

·
Registered
21,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
****, he shoulda stayed home with old lady that lied to you. Is he woke yet?
Don't know if he is or not...I asked if that meant she had to quarantine...She said "he isn't living with her"...Because of her tone I didn't ask anything more.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts