The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Didn't a paper up there publish names + addresses of gun owners a couple of years back ? Somewhere close to NYC I think.

·
Registered
16,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they tried that here in Erie. it didnt go over well at all. its just a shopping list for criminals. the problem with NY is they passed the SAFE act which made all gun ownership records PUBLIC.
when the list goes public, gun owners should sue for privacy violations (if they can) and also the names of any elected officials on that list put on a bunch of billboards.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
The SAFE act has already been used to rat out your neighbor and have his guns seized. I read about a case like this a while ago but don't know it's outcome. I believe the claims were frivolous but they grab the guns and you have to prove in court (you know how long that will take) that you are not a deranged serial killer.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Stuff like this always make me think back to the Charlie Hebdo attack. Sure hope nothing like that ever happens here.

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
Another back door attack on individual gun owners. This will get someone hurt or killed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts