The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my blind ready to hunt. Starting time is about 15 minutes away. Heard four shots already.

Reactions: PA112Hunter

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Nice going R2C. How many tags do you have for NY?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well. Yesterday, while walking up to my doe, I bumped a fairly large deer. I had it in the scope, but it didn't give me a shot, nor did I get a look at its head. I waited to cross the swamp before hitting the doe. Before I could clean my hands, I see another deer coming. My hunting partner said it was a small buck, but could only see it's head. We could have easily shot it from the tailgate of his truck...Go figure.

Today, I skipped the morning, but set up downwind of a historical runway, where I killed a buck a few years ago, since my blind is wrong for today's wind.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
What area of 9J are you hunting?

I hunted a couple of dairy farms (Sherman and Busti) quite a bit growing up. I also did some state land in 9J and a lot of state land in 9K.

Always try to get back every few years to hunt up there.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm hunting Mina between Findley Lake and Sherman.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Good luck guys. I would love some snow at some point for the PA rifle season.....
You might be in luck and get that wish. There is potentially a storm supposed to either hit us or miss us between Thanksgiving and the opener. Last year we got hit by all that rain on the opener.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
You might be in luck and get that wish. There is potentially a storm supposed to either hit us or miss us between Thanksgiving and the opener. Last year we got hit by all that rain on the opener.
That rain was brutal. I went out at around 10am that morning. As I was walking down this old logging road I rounded a corner and two older gentlemen were dragging a monster 10pt. After speaking with them I found out they shot it less than 20yds from where I was going to sit and they only ended up there because they wanted to get out of the rain via a low hanging pine tree.

Anyway, I sat from 10 until dark and it was non-stop rain/sleet. Didn't see a single deer.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was back at it all day yesterday on some public land in 9J. Unfortunately, there was little to no cell service so I was unable to report. My buddy saw 2 that he couldnt get a shot at, and I had a hard running at me, but they never created the hill. They made a heck of a racket in the frozen leaves.

This morning I'm back on private land for a morning hunt and to pick up my blind. Only hunting until 10 so my son and I can set up for next Saturday. The wind has shifted direction multiple times and I heard a deer snort shortly after sitting down.

Reactions: Mikeymjr23
1 - 18 of 18 Posts