The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you a member of The Northwestern Duck Hunters Association? Have you ever gone to a meeting?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I am a member but never been to a meeting. I was told years ago not much goes on at them, and its pretty much just the board members at them. I guess now I have more time I have to attend one sometime.

Wingshot: the club is out of Erie. They run the duck blinds on the PI, along other projects through out NWPA

·
Registered
109 Posts
The nwpadh has been around forever. The monday night monthly meeting used to have 50 or people at them. There were speakers,programs. Lot of fun. Now, not much attendance. But there would be NO duck hunting on PI without the club. Even if you do not want to go to meetings, anyone who hunts PI should belong.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The monday night monthly meeting used to have 50 or people at them. There were speakers,programs.
My son has been a member for about 5 years, but I just recently joined. It is a long ride from Pgh to attend the meeting if only a few attend, but I am willing to try to make the attempt. Like you state there would be no PI hunting without this club. In the latest newsletter the small number attending the meetings was noted, however under the topic of wanted: one recording secretary. It is noted that they currently have about 6 meeting a year, which is less than monthly as you show. Also no where on the web site is it stated at what time these meetings are held. It does say they are held at the Yatch club. You you clarify this for me?

·
Registered
109 Posts
When I say used to I am talking 20 -30 years ago. My understanding now the meetings are not attended by many people. But that being said the club does alot to keep hunting going at the park. There is a small group that has kept going. They work the blind drawing, and the blind tear down. Plus the fund raiser the WING DING in oct. As for time and local of the meetings. I don't know much. Have not been to one in years. If you want presidents number contact me. I can get it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts