The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
September 14 12:00 pm - ? At Coal Hill Kennels Greenville, PA ( pm me or cris for exact address.)

All hounds welcome as long as they aren't mean or in heat.

We will have a picnic lunch and then run. Camping available.

Please list the following:

1. Number of people.
2. Number of hounds.
3. What you would like to bring.
4. If you plan on camping.

Looking forward to it.
Brian

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1. 1-2
2. 3
3. Fish and french fries
4. Most likely.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
1. 2-3ppl
2. 2 dogs
3. Food: Undecided (will edit when decided)
4. Camping

This is a slow going post, come on guys...

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi in the low 60s for Saturday. The best running weather we have had in a while.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Lick Islander said:
Hi in the low 60s for Saturday. The best running weather we have had in a while.
Unfortunately I have a wedding to attend this Saturday. You need to get out at night though, I've been running til midnight or 1am on Friday nights for the past couple months and the running has been awesome as soon as the sun goes down. The fields get a little dew on them and it's hammer down.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Smoke'n Mack said:
Lick Islander said:
Unfortunately I have a wedding to attend this Saturday. You need to get out at night though, I've been running til midnight or 1am on Friday nights for the past couple months and the running has been awesome as soon as the sun goes down. The fields get a little dew on them and it's hammer down.
I agree, as soon as the sun hits the horizon its been amazing!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I must be getting old cause I rarely see 1AM anymore. I have done most of my running at first light for most of the summer. Unfortunately, the past couple of weeks seem to be in the 70s when I get up.

Sorry you won't be able to make it smoke. Maybe next year.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have to work in Girard until 11 so it will probably be a bit afternoon. Frying fish that late may be difficult. I will show up with something.

Unfortunately, I will have to work Sunday as well so I wont be able to camp.

·
Registered
785 Posts
We didn't have any. We had good running, good weather and a great time. It's looking like an annual event.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Cool, that's good to hear. I was able to get out at least Friday night, we ran from about 6:30 til a little after 4am. The dogs pretty much pounded all night long after the sun went down. It made for a long wedding day on Saturday.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Definately looking forward to doing it again.
Good times, good people, good dogs,good food and cold beer.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I guess we did have a deer run Sunday. Several young pups. My memory was a little clouded. LOL

·
Registered
785 Posts
Deer runs are inevitable with young dogs. But they darn well better run them right. As Muggs would say "that's just conditioning"

·
Registered
785 Posts
Someone left a pair of nice sunglasses here that weekend. Let me know if there yours.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts