The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in a fun run?

Maybe a SGL in Crawford/Erie Co. some evening during the week?

Suggestions?

·
Registered
785 Posts
BBQ,Corn on the cob. every body bring something. I have a good place in Crawford co. outside of Meadville depending on the number of people. would have to be on the weekend for me if I'm back to work after surgery on my sholder.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good Cris. I should have some corn in a month or so. Meadville is a pretty good location for me.

I would vote for a afternoon feed and evening run since it will probably be pretty hot.

Also, anyone without a hound would be more than welcome to attend to see what beagling is about.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Have to be a weekend for me.

I would think South of you Cris, and we might be able to entice John-PA and the Pittsburgh boys to come out and play too.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Keep me posted on when and where, I don't mind traveling to run dogs. I've been to Cris's place before so that's not a bad location. I could probably get a few guys to come up with me too.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I don't know how much longer I'm going to be off work. Maybe until 7/10 But we could use my place. Guys could run pups in the pen and we could have a fire, pitch tents and make a weekend of it. Lots of cold beverages and plenty of parking. I'm not sure were we could go if it got to big. we can split up into groups if needed.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
John-PA said:
I've told you before Nes, just get one you won't regret it.
With having the bird dog I am still not 100% committed to a beagle yet. I look at it as a long term commitment. I'm looking for more exposure to get make my mind up.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why not hold off until mid Sept? It's before archery, the weather will be nicer for hound and handler. As long as it doesn't interfere with trials.

We can have a picnic around noon, meet one another, and do some running. After that, hardy souls could camp at Cris' place.

I would be interested in watching different packs/styles/speeds, even a non beagle.

At what temperature should you not run?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I guess that question really depends on who you ask. I just don't like putting my dogs thru it. Other guys think a dog doesn't have any toughness if he don't run when its 90 out.

If it's sunny and 75, im out an hour and my dogs have their tongues out. If it's a slight rain, thats the best, no sun and cool. Alot depends on how out of shape a dog is too but I just don't like to let them run in it, b/c they won't quit.

·
Registered
785 Posts
This could be a really good time and can turn into an annual event. I have lots of good places to run and 8 acres for everybody to camp and park on. Plus a 5 acre starting pen. My friend Chuck sells anything you could need for dogs. He could bring his trailer full of supplies for everyone and can take pre orders for stuff.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts