The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder how the strategic placement of an NRA sticker on the back of your truck/car affects your liklihood of getting mugged?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Good question, but would a potential mugger take the time to look at and read anything you have on your vehicle?

·
Registered
432 Posts
just paint your car or truck like the sticker. IDEA!!! when you sign up for NRA instead of sending you the little stickers they should ask for make and model of your vehicle, then they send you a HUGE sticker that goes over your auto. (wakeing up at 0230 and still working with no caffine makes my brain work) or just mount a MG34 or any other belt fed 50 cal on top and im sure you wont have any problems. haha

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
The sticker might not deter him ... but when I stick out my Kahrs PM9 and point it at him he will be "detered" rather quickly. Just say'n

Timber

·
Registered
485 Posts
nra stickers to me announce "guns in this house." vermin casing neighborhoods may "make note" of this house and pay a "visit" when cars are gone. just a thought. better to keep a low profile in some areas.

·
Registered
779 Posts
timberghostacres said:
The sticker might not deter him ... but when I stick out my Kahrs PM9 and point it at him he will be "detered" rather quickly. Just say'n

Timber
My thoughts exactly!!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
have sticker on my truck that states "nothing in here is worth your life"
Think that explains it pretty good

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kennesaw GA passed a law require all homeowners to have a gun in the house (didn't have to have ammo or be loaded) some years back. Vermin didn't start breaking into houses. They all moved out of Kennesaw, GA and crime disappeared. Neil Boortz likes to talk a/b this on his radio program.

·
Premium Member
24,047 Posts
4cslabs said:
have sticker on my truck that states "nothing in here is worth your life"
Think that explains it pretty good
Just remember sometimes they can shoot better plus are armed better than you!! Your sticker goes for you my friend too!! No Earthly possession worth losing your life for either!

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Gurt said:
I wonder how the strategic placement of an NRA sticker on the back of your truck/car affects your liklihood of getting mugged?
From experience, I can tell you it can get you mugged at a Canadian border crossing if the guard is anti gun.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
My wife and I were vacationing in Nevada. We happened to stroll into a little "cowboy" shop and he had these bumper stickers on the counter that said "Criminals prefer unarmed victims".

Of course, for the $2 I bought one. I also have one of those S&W trailer hitch covers to keep the crud out of my trucks hitch. I use to use the S&W cover, but the more I thought about it, the more I figured I was advertising that I carried a gun.

I no longer use the hitch cover and that bumper sticker and the cover are in my shop over my workbench.

I just think if some would-be crack head were going to rob me, and he saw me getting out of my truck, it would put him on high alert as opposed to making him look for another "victim." After all, those guys don't think with logic.

Not everyone will agree with me. But that's how I look at it.

SW

·
Registered
25,511 Posts
Have some friends that are NRA Life members and above, that won't put decals on their trucks. They are of the opinions that such advertisements may attract attention from those they don't want any attention from?

Doesn't bother me none. Don't think I've owned a truck in the past 40 years, that didn't have an NRA sticker on 'er someplace?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Nothing says guns in the house like hunting stickers in the vehicle in the driveway

1 - 15 of 15 Posts