The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the NRA show is in Pgh this year. If you are a member of the NRA, do you need a pass/ticket to get into the exhibit area?

Can I get a exhibit hall ticket befor so as to avoid standing in long lines?

·
Registered
966 Posts
If I remember right a few years ago when they had it at the Convention Center, I think all you needed to show was your NRA card. I dont think the lines were too terribly bad when I went but I may have hit off hours.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I went last year in Charlotte and you don't need anything, they can just type in your name.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Is the show worth while? I've never been to one and certainly think it would be a good time. It might sound like a dumb question but, can you buy guns and reloading equipment or is more of a show to display new and upcoming items from manufacturers

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
It was Ok, not knock your socks off for me. There are dealers selling and reps just showing. A lot of tactical stuff and was really surprised at the number of airgun dealers and how far they have come. Most are pretty spacey looking. I moved through it pretty quick, I think about 3-4 hours.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are about 4 parts to the show:
1. exhibition hall, all major firearms manufactures have exhibits usually with one of every model they make and factory people to ask questions. You will not see amore extensive exhibition of new quality firearms. This is free.
2. seminars on hunting and shooting, also free.
3. the actual organization meeting with a businees meeting.
4. a dinner and lunchion program with national speakers. Dinners are like very large Du banquet. charge for tickets.

I've been to about 6 of them in various locations. I think they are great, if you have an interest in guns. Unlike Harrisburg, these are NOT sports shows with fishing, junk sporting goods sales, and outfitters. I'd only suggest going if you have a serious interest in firearms, or if you just support the 2nd ammendment.

http://home.nra.org/#/annualmeetings

·
Registered
715 Posts
Thanks Harry, sounds a little more interesting the way you put it. I was comparing it more to the gun show in Harrisburg, not the sportsman's show. The sportsman's show was a lot more fun 20 years ago when it wasn't all outfitters

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
I was at the last one in Pittsburgh, I am REALLY looking forward to this years, I thought it was amazing to see all the stuff.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Sparky143 said:
Can I ask y u guys give your money to a organization that supports communism?
Really???

If you have to ask then you just don't get it. History has proven that Communism is very pro gun. Take a look at all the Communist nations and how much firearm freedoms they enjoy.

If you support your 2nd amendment, then you should be flying the Chinese flag in your front yard.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Went to the last one in Pittsburgh. There was a lot to see and do in the exhibit hall. We got to meet Ted Nugent and Jeff Cooper, collected a lot of freebies from exhibitors, and just did a lot of general gawking. My son and I will be there again for this one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts