The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a thought. Wouldn't it be great if NRA could manufacture ammo and sell to members. That would solve alot of problems.

·
Registered
6,547 Posts
GUNNY said:
Just had a thought. Wouldn't it be great if NRA could manufacture ammo and sell to members. That would solve alot of problems.
Would be nice. Plus raise money to fight the anti gun nuts. Of course some government red tape would prevent that from happening anyhow.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'd buy some NRA John Wayne edition ammo, PILGRIM!

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
I am not sure if they can manufacture it, however they certainly have more collective buying power than any federal agency. I think it would be beneficial for them to pursue this at a large scale and my guess it would increase their membership dramatically if membership is required for purchases.

I know they already have programs and deals in place to get target loads for youth programs.

Good thinking!

·
Registered
25,838 Posts
Speaking of which, we just received the case of 22 target ammo last week, that was part of an NRA Foundation grant to our club.

It was about a month behind in delivery from the other items we received from them, due to the ongoing ammo shortage problems.

For those not familiar with the NRA Foundation, that's the entity that "handles" funds derived from local Friends of the NRA banquets held around the country. Half of all such funds are returned to the states from which they were derived.

·
Super Moderator
14,546 Posts
Though the NRA selling ammunition to its’ members sounds like a good idea on the surface, take a few minutes to think it through.

The NRA is already constantly under attack as being there to support gun and ammunition manufactures. Wouldn’t them selling ammo just add more fuel to that fire and help give their detractors more ammunition to use against them and us?

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
424 Posts
Maybe, Dick.
At first I dismissed this as frustration at ammo availability.

But as I contemplate it and think it through, they really should explore it.
It would most definitely increase membership, and would provide funds for "battle".

The "downside", retailers would likely object.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts