The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my wife and I went to the Southwest TEA party, The NRA as well as the FOAC had booths there, as most know there is some bad blood between the two groups, I belong to both, and support both, and no I do not agree with everything either of these groups do all the time, but feel both are vital to the 2nd Amendment.
How ever yesterday, as I was talking to the two guys at the NRA booth, this older guy came up and out of the blue just tore into these guys, as though it was there fault the NRA makes some of the decisions they do,
After this guy left, I talked some more with these guys, we talked about some of the points the older guy had brought up, These guys seemed to know what they were talking about, and basically said, with the economy, both groups are fighting for sportsmen’s money and support, and that a lot of what is going around about the NRA is only half truths.
As we talked I worked into the conversation that I was aware that they received $10.00 for every new member they Signed up. They told me to set up a booth at the TEA party they are required to pay a $100.00 donation to the TEA party, and that any profit he received from new membership he donated to the Friends of the NRA.
I thanked both for there contributions and time.
It just seems to me, if you have a problem with the NRA or FOAC, A booth at a gun show or TEA party is not the place to start an argument, This guy did us no favors with his actions, their were several guys open carrying firearms that did not get a second look from those in attendance,
But anyone in ear shot could not help but stare at the commotion this guy was making.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
The farm show and the sportsmans show in Hbg isn't the place to get loud and air gripes about the PGC and make a scene but it happens all the time. Some folks are just ignorant.

·
Banned
22,296 Posts
I tend to agree.
When I have serious concerns or questions for either the PGC or NRA, I like to hold my direct questions for those higher up the ladder, and closer to those who make the decisions.

And to date both have been very accomodating with answers.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
hornady said:
These guys seemed to know what they were talking about, and basically said, with the economy, both groups are fighting for sportsmen’s money and support, and that a lot of what is going around about the NRA is only half truths.
Exactly right, and here is an example of it on our own boards. Embarrassing that a regular member here would fall for this petty bickering by the GOA, which is nothing more than an effort by GOA to steal members from NRA.

http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1784435#Post1784435

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get informed and involved, But don’t make an [censored] out of your self at a public venue, If you have a problem with a group, there are much better ways of expressing your views than acting the fool, in front of the same people you want too express responsible gun ownership to. On a gun form most are like minded pro – gun people, But as we all know the occasional snipe comes in, and they love too feed off the internal bickering. I would suggest if getting into one of these scuffs, Know your facts, and not something from a blog or Internet posting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts