The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,170 Posts
Get a Night Eyes headlamp for scanning and a Kill Light for shooting.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Even better, get kill light 100 for scanning, and a 250 for shooting. The 100 will pick up eyes way farther than you can imagine, and the 250 is good for ID'ing out to 150+ depending on your scope. I don't like head lamps for scanning.

·
Super Moderator
2,567 Posts
I got a noxx red led headlamp not to long ago. Very happy with it. Price was right and I like the fact it uses aa batteries which is the same as my caller.

·
Registered
18,567 Posts
I have the Night Eyes scanning headlamp and it works great. No experience with the Noxx.
I do have a Kill Light XLR 100 as well, I prefer the Night Eyes headlamp over it however.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I use a Noxx red dagger for scanning and a kill light 250 for my gun light, although they are both great lights for what they are, they arbt really even comparable... tge xlr250 is a wayyy beter gun light but the dagger is great for scanning or a shotgun light, it will work on a scope out to 100y

·
Registered
737 Posts
You will get a lot of different opinions about which light a person prefers. Remember this, the Kill lights and the Noxx lights have been out much longer than the Night Eyes so there are more of them in use right now. The only way you will get a true and unbiased opinion is from someone that has used at least two of the three lights. The other option is to compare them for yourself. Boondock Outdoors which, is located in Phillipsburg carries both the Night Eyes lights and the Kill Lights. If you do not have the opportunity to go to Boondocks to do a comparison for yourself keep in mind if you should choose to purchase the Night Eyes light you will have the option to return the light(s) within 14 days for ANY reason. I will issue you a full refund and also pay for the return shipping! Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the help. I think I will stop in at Boondock Outdoors and check them out since i'm only 30 minutes away.

G

·
John1951 demonstrated your Night Eyes at the PPHA Expo last week. I was pleasantly surprised how light it was on my head.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have all three of these lights and for scanning hands down the Night Eyes wins it. The noxx light was nice but i didnt like the halo with it. Not only is the Night Eyes headlamp a quality piece, the adjust brightness on the 2nd setting is a great feature, not having the annoying blinking feature present (unless you want it) is great and the customer service is awesome. I spoke to the guy who sells them a couple times before I bought one and he was cool and said he would stand behind it if I didnt like it, but it is my go to light. Battery life is good. I'd suggest Night Eyes for scanning and the Coyote Light for killing!!1

G

·
Night Eyes...I'll take one of your lights.

Best kill light out there is not advertised on this site so I can't mention it. No other light comes close. The Coyote TLR is a great all around light for either scanning or a kill light. If a guy were to only have one light I'd get the TLR.

I'd love to get to Boondock Outdoors sometime and try the Coyote Light. We are lucky to have a store like his where you can get your hands on predator gear to evaluate and pick what you like.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Seeking_Coyotes2 said:
Night Eyes...I'll take one of your lights.

Best kill light out there is not advertised on this site so I can't mention it. No other light comes close. The Coyote TLR is a great all around light for either scanning or a kill light. I a guy were to only have one light I'd get the TLR.
PM me what you think the best kill light is, im curious. Thanks

G

·
I have never been able to get my hands on "The Coyote Light" so I can't say with 100% accuracy without having used this light. I think I have used the others lights out there. Just my .02. Everyone has their own favorites...

I would love to go to the Boondock Outdoors store sometime to see The Coyote Light. We are lucky to have a place like Jeremiah's in PA where a guy can test out predator hunting gear and decide what he likes before buying. Saves alot of money from buying tons of different lights until you find the one you think is best.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Seeking_Coyotes2 said:
I have never been able to get my hands on "The Coyote Light" so I can't say with 100% accuracy without having used this light. I think I have used the others lights out there. Just my .02. Everyone has their own favorites...

I would love to go to the Boondock Outdoors store sometime to see The Coyote Light. We are lucky to have a place like Jeremiah's in PA where a guy can test out predator hunting gear and decide what he likes before buying. Saves alot of money from buying tons of different lights until you find the one you think is best.
Alot of people will ask me is the price difference worth it for the Coyote Light, is it that much better and I think once you get your hands on one you will see immediatley for yourself why it is hands down the best. Not only does it have the best features but nothing else compares when you want to ID a target or take a shot. It is not for everyone. If you occasionally go out night hunting, don't really take it seriously, happy killing a handfull of fox a year, the Coyote light may not be your light from a cost point. But if you want the best, and spend alot of time in the field and find yourself asking yourself" I see eyes but dont know what it is" etc......... go see a demo of the Coyote light and team it up with the Night Eyes light for scanning. See eyes coming in with the Night eyes headlamp, get the coyote light gun light on it, ID it, and let 'er rip.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I ordered the new noxx red daggar for my kill light and new red daggar head lamp....I. figured same battiers in my caller and you could nt beat the price for a begginer....let you know what I think of it.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Noxx lights are great products , I just got a red dagger myself . The only thing I dont like is the run time on the AAA batteries . I used it as a scan light one night , my other 18650 batteries were not charged . But it lasted maybe 45 minutes ! Other than that great light to have in the arsenal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
just bought night eye scanning light worked great . it brighter then ebay cree lights with red filler, red sharpie ,and red dj paper witch I used for a good many years now . but I did use the ebay one with yellow dj paper

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
SC2 says-
<span style="color: #660000"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">Best kill light out there is not advertised on this site so I can't mention it</span>.</span></span>

1 - 20 of 35 Posts